Chevrolet's 2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition improves on insane

Gorehamj

Corvette c7.r.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
4/24/2015

It is very refreshing when an automaker comes right out and says that its current model blows the doors off all the prior legacy cars. That is exactly what Chevy did when it built the new 2016 Corvette Z06. Surf around the Chevy marketing information on the Z06 and one cannot help but keep tripping over comments like "Z06 IS THE MOST CAPABLE CORVETTE EVER." GM even uses all caps just to be sure that you saw it. Despite this car being the ultimate 'Vette, Chevy knows there are enthusiasts out there that want it to be even more special just for them, so it is building 500 C7.R Edition cars meant as a tip of the hat to the racing version of this supercar.

Harlan Charles, Corvette product and marketing manager summed up the 2016 C7.R Edition Corvette, saying “Combined with the 650-horsepower supercharged LT4 engine, true aerodynamic downforce and performance technologies such as Magnetic Ride Control, Performance Traction Management and an electronic limited slip differential, the Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition offers capability matched only by an elite fraternity of the world’s supercars and special-edition exclusivity that is sure to make it an instant collector’s item.”

So what did Chevy to do make this new collector's Corvette even more "most capable-er?" Here is quick rundown:

• Offered on coupe and convertible models with 3LZ trim
  • Available in Corvette Racing Yellow Tintcoat (new for 2016) or Black exterior colors
  • C7.R Edition graphics package
  • Z07 Performance Package with Brembo carbon ceramic brakes and Michelin PS Cup 2 tires
  • Yellow brake calipers
  • Black wheels with yellow accent strip and Corvette Racing-logo center caps
  • Visible carbon fiber ground effects package
  • New visible carbon fiber hood section
  • Grilles and vents finished in Spectra Gray Metallic
  • Jet Black leather interior with sueded microfiber accents on the instrument panel and doors
  • Sueded microfiber-trimmed Competition Sport Seat, steering wheel and shifter
  • Yellow contrast stitching throughout the interior
  • Carbon fiber interior trim package (high-gloss)
  • Corvette Racing sill plates
  • Numbered C7.R Edition interior plaque showing the build number, starting with VIN 700001
  • Special indoor car cover with C7.R graphics.

These special bits are added to the Z07 Performance Package. The C7.R also has carbon ceramic brakes, and will come with a specially serialized vehicle identification number. Check with your dealer early-summer if interested. Chevy says the cars will be available "later this year" and they may sell fast.

Corvette c7.r.jpg

Corvette c7.r.jpg

Corvette c7.r.jpg

Maybe I'll see one on a trailer to its home in a dark corner under a car cover.

I think it was Ferrari that had a program where you could only buy the FXX if you raced it.

You never got to take that one home

GM has to have something in place to protect them from fighting law suits from morons with wayyyy to much money after they smash their new Vette.

Chrysler has already been to court over a clown destroying his new Hellcat on the drive home.

GM should have extra paperwork with this Vette stating it is intended for track only and have it signed with the rest of the new car stuff we sign. That would keep them out of any type of hot water when someone gets silly on the public streets/highways.

I would love to have that Vette by the way. Would be a really fun road course car!

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

GM has to have something in place to protect them from fighting law suits from morons with wayyyy to much money after they smash their new Vette.

Chrysler has already been to court over a clown destroying his new Hellcat on the drive home.

GM should have extra paperwork with this Vette stating it is intended for track only and have it signed with the rest of the new car stuff we sign. That would keep them out of any type of hot water when someone gets silly on the public streets/highways.

I would love to have that Vette by the way. Would be a really fun road course car!

using Tapatalk

There isn't going to be any unique performance changing stuff in this, it's an appearance package on a loaded Z06

using Tapatalk

Or two keys.

One at dealer pick up, key one 300 hp.

Then go to your lawyer, to sign paperwork and pick up key two. the devil key, full hp.

It will happen.

Or Google will only release full hp, when at the track.

using Tapatalk

There isn't going to be any unique performance changing stuff in this, it's an appearance package on a loaded Z06

Dodge never touted the Hellcat as being a world class road racing auto and they still had a lawsuit to answer. GM will have the same "problem" with any car they push as being ultimate in high performance. Just because someone launches a lawsuit does not mean they are correct and will win. I seriously doubt anyone will win any lawsuit filed due to GM being irresponsible in the making of a car that is just too good.

I would be embarrassed if I filed a lawsuit claiming that the car I bought was too much for me to handle. I can understand a lawsuit if there was some obvious design flaw that should have been caught in the pre-production stages that causes serious or fatal injuries but that is not the issue here. Any car I have ever driven had a variable throttle control, none ever required me to drive wide open throttle in order to use the vehicle.

The US federal people have the tools to stop these idiotic lawsuits from being filed in the first place. Outlaw lawyer fees based on contingency. If lawyers were paid for the actual work they did, and not a percentage of the prize you would find all of a sudden these bogus lawsuits would disappear. No lawyer is going to go the distance if the carrot is not there. The only reason companies settle now is because the plaintiffs lawyer smells a large payout for them, and it costs them nothing to just sit there and wait.

Archived