Just picked up my 2015 Sierra 2500hd Duramax build date 3/15/15

Here are some things I noticed:

1. The windows roll down by remote.

2. On the IPC to the right of the gear selector indicator (PRNDM) is a "1" I thought initially it was a gear indicator like the F250...but no. Not sure what it means.

3. The touchscreen is very fast.

4. All of the apps are very quick too (new 4g radio for onstar must be helping ...son did a speedtest 14 up and down)

5. Ride quality is superior to the 1/2 ton. No float like the factory shocks...no chassis shuddering like the bilsteins.

6. Fuel economy at 65 was 21.5 by the time I made it home ~140 miles....Silverado was only 17.7 same speed on way up.

7. Cargo lights can be selected while in drive (IPC will display cargo light enabled message) but will not turn on until in reverse or park.

8. You can see the black plugs under the door on the chrome steps.

9. Absolutely zero vibration...all the way to 80.

10. The chassis loves bumps....stays planted no unwanted body motion.

11. People move out of the way when you roll up behind them in the fast lane.

12. Front park assist gives one high pitched beep when they turn red.

13. Hitch looks flimsy...very flimsy. rated at 1500 TW and 13K total. Looks like it was constructed in a similar fashion to the 1/2 ton.

14. Diesel is pricey.

15. Who sells high cetane diesel (50 or higher)

16. Transmission stays very cool.

17. Weathertech splashgards for the 1500 don't fit.

87746d8cdb4f60c57b901429ac2a8607.jpg

Great looking truck!!!!

Congrats!

Dealer screwing with you! 20"s have always been available! They have a newer style now too. And Denali's have two style's of 20's to chose!

They showed me a memo from GM stating that the 20" rims were not longer available at that time. September 2014? I have the 18" chrome rims that just came out.

Sierra Boy

They showed me a memo from GM stating that the 20" rims were not longer available at that time. September 2014? I have the 18" chrome rims that just came out.

Sierra Boy

I had the same issue with my sliding rear window on my 14...there was a credit on the window sticker and when asked the dealer produced some kind of production note about availability. Do you have any vibration issues with the 18s? My former brother in law bought a 2500 gasser and I cautioned him about the vibration (drive the crap out of it and don't take delivery if there are issues). He mentioned this to the dealer and they told him this is an 18" wheel issue mostly.

Sierra Boy

OK!

I had the same issue with my sliding rear window on my 14...there was a credit on the window sticker and when asked the dealer produced some kind of production note about availability. Do you have any vibration issues with the 18s? My former brother in law bought a 2500 gasser and I cautioned him about the vibration (drive the crap out of it and don't take delivery if there are issues). He mentioned this to the dealer and they told him this is an 18" wheel issue mostly.

I have no issues on the wheel vibration. The only thing is the rust issues on the frame which they took car of but the bolts/shocks rusting was said to be normal where on a 3 month old truck that on had 1600 miles on it.

Sierra Boy

I got lucky on the rust with my 14...dealership pulled the box and followed the bulletin to a T. still a little surface rust on the axle housing but the frame was gtg until I got rid of it.

I have heard that the 1 is for holding 1st gear down steep grades or if you come of an on ramp and want the truck to downshift to help slow a heavy load you can shift to 1.

19. The HVAC logic works much like the GMT900s. My AC was off when I turned off the truck. Did a remote start and hopped in the truck a few minutes later and the AC was blowing nice and cold. Flip the key on and it shut off.

20. Something they broke. On my 14 when only the driver was in the vehicle the access to various infotainment functions was limited. Those options opened up when a passenger is up front. On the 15...it's always locked down when in motion. (just like the GMT900s)

Archived