Should I wait till May 1st for rebates, or just pay for it now?

I ordered a Sierra Denali a few weeks ago. It was not going to arrive till about the middle of May, but I got the call yesterday and it's at the dealer. I was told I have till April 30 to buy it and get current rebates. May 1, GM will change the rebates. I was told they could go to nothing, to....well - they have no idea. Current rebates on this truck are $2500.

I am getting a supplier price on the truck (employer / dealer relationship deal). MSRP is a tad over 59K. My take home price is a bit over 52K. I could have got the truck for less, but when adding travel and shipping, it ended up being a wash.

My hesitation is not having a crystal ball. I'm gunna be irritated if I pay for the truck now, to find out GM upped the rebated a couple grand on the first of May. But, if they eliminate them, then I'd be out $2500. I feel like I'm just flipping the coin here. Any insight would be helpful. Grrrrr......

Just ordered a Midnight Edition Silverado about 3 weeks ago, my dealer stated that anything is possible with incentives, but they typically go up as the model year time increases.

The highest rebates I had seen on Denalis have been $3000 in my area ($2500 + $500 auto show bonus). I was in a similar situation, my Denali arrived at the dealership a few days after April 1st. The dealer offered to complete the paperwork on March 31st to lock in the $2500 rebate in March, but I wouldn't be able to see the truck until it arrived at the dealership. I wouldn't expect the rebate to go up by much, if any, but there is the potential for the rebate to go down significantly. I had seen the rebates go down to $1000 in the last 6 months on the Denalis. Take the $2500 and have some piece of mind that you at least got that much in rebates.

You are in the driver seat (literally), tell the dealer you will check with other dealerships to match the current price. If the rebates changes, the other dealerships at least matched the current price.

Also with the rebates, remember to ask for these discounts if applicable to you; Military, Credit Union, GM Employee, College, Supplier, Capital One Buypower Card, USAA, and Farm Bureau.

I agree with Zmanll, I watched the rebates from dec when I ordered the truck to march when it arrived it was right around 2500-3k except for Jan. In January it went down to 1k after the big sale. I'm not an expert but I don't think gm is going to discount the Denalis like the other trucks.

I got 1500 gm loyalty, 1000 bonus cash and 750 USAA for 3250 in march.

Curious what options you got for 52k, I paid 53320 before rebates and I thought that was a great deal on a msrp 60k truck

Hmmm....... Quite a quandary. The guy I'm working with isn't a salesman, but the fleet guy who also orders their trucks. He's been upfront with everything. No sneaky business. He flat out told me they could go either way. They are also offering to finance up to 60 months for 1.99%. I was just going to pay it off, but I can make more than 2% all day long.

I ordered Sonoma Red/Dune interior, with the 6.2/8 speed, standard bed, sunroof, trailer brake, polished 20's and AT tires, driver alert, grab handle, rear seat storage (whatever that is), and molded mud flaps. I figured I'd use the OE wheels for winter tires, and get some summer wheels/tires. Probably put the GM Borla exhaust on it and get the front covered with film, or try doing that myself... Still undecided whether or not go with a cab height shell or one of the roll up bed covers. Then call it a day.

How far are you away from St. Louis. I called them and the discounts are real.

http://www.laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=&make=GMC&model=Sierra+1500&bodyType=&trim=&series=&minYear=&maxYear=&minPrice=&maxPrice=&vehicleType=

Select Denali in the left column, some are $10000.00 off.

I went to my dealer last Wednesday to sign paperwork for a blue Denali still in transit just so I could lock in the April bonus cash. It was $2,500 for March and April and I didn't want to take the chance that it would go away in May. I had the GM employee discount and all told I saved $9,600. Oh, and they just pulled this white one off the truck and well, maybe my next one will be blue.

post-141927-0-76770000-1430001461_thumb.jpg

post-141927-0-49025000-1430001522_thumb.jpg

I tried Laura GMC and a few others prior to ordering it from the local dealer. Laura had the best price, but it's also the furthest away, and they require you to pick the vehicle in person. So....that's a plane ticket, time, and a drive across the country, and Canada.... I live in Alaska.

Be careful completing deals before truck arrives. Local dealer here told me he had a 6.2L Sierra Denali in transit 2 weeks ago and would call me when it came in. Never got any call and was driving by on Sat when I seen it on the lot. Stopped in to see why he never called. Turns out there was a large amount of body damage to the truck and the dealer had refused to accept the vehicle with that much damage. It was waiting to be fixed and was going to auction he said. Said it had over $6,000 in body damage to door and box. Looked like it was side-swiped.

http://www.laurabuickgmc.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=&make=GMC&model=Sierra+1500&bodyType=&trim=&series=&minYear=&maxYear=&minPrice=&maxPrice=&vehicleType=

Yeah, I called Laura over the weekend and those deals are legit. They just offered me about 4K less than the local dealerships for my Audi. :fume:

Yeah, I called Laura over the weekend and those deals are legit. They just offered me about 4K less than the local dealerships for my Audi. :fume:

Bought my SLT from Laura - happy with the deal. They were also fair on my trade in.

Picked up the truck today. I locked into the April Rebates, but it ended up being the same for this truck for May too. 1.74% APR too.... I was just going to pay for it in full, ,but dang..... I'm rolling the cash into a mutual fund.

Now time to "accessorize"....LOL

Archived