(new member) 3 years picking up pennies off the sidewalk and I finally

Hey guys, after 3 years of going without my old Silverado (and driving a foreign family sedan) and constantly scanning dealers, I finally made my move on a 2015 Silverado 4wd crew cab LTZ! It's the first vehicle I've owned under 70k miles so naturally I can't stop staring at it...Hell, if I could, I'd park the damn thing in the living room so I can watch it in my sleep!

Anyway, I'm new to this website too and I already have 1 thing that is off about this truck (its the same thing that happened to my '06 Silverado). Maybe someone could point me in the right direction where to ask or if its been discussed before...

I've tried researching it, but cannot find anyone that's noticed this or if its a problem. When the AC is set to top vents only, the bottom vents are still partially open. When I select the blend option, I can notice the bottom vents open a little more. So the blend door actuator is working, but not fully closing off and damn that AC is nice and cool, but too cold for my feet! Do I have a defective actuator or are they supposed to always blow air towards the floor boards? I hate the idea of bringing out duct tape on a brand new LTZ, but hell I'm the one who's hot (literally and figuratively) and not my feet!

post-142779-0-70075300-1430051984_thumb.jpg

You need to get it off the auto mode. Turn the fan speeds up and or down and when the auto light goes out you will have more control over what you are doing. You may never shut the mix completely off but this will help. I took mine out of the auto mode the day I bought it and run it manually all the time. Heat gets hotter, cold gets colder and most of the air goes where you tell it to.

You need to get it off the auto mode. Turn the fan speeds up and or down and when the auto light goes out you will have more control over what you are doing. You may never shut the mix completely off but this will help. I took mine out of the auto mode the day I bought it and run it manually all the time. Heat gets hotter, cold gets colder and most of the air goes where you tell it to.

Hey man thanks, I checked to make sure it wasn't on auto and it's still doing it...Hate to say, but I fixed it with duct tape until it goes back to the dealer. Honestly, I don't blame GM one bit for it. It's still a great truck and one defective part out of thousands can happen.

I have little if no issues with my truck except the AC.It is so loud when cracking her up. Out here in Fresno Ca it gets hot. 100+degrees outside and 120 at least inside the truck itself when even sitting in the shade. So obviously when Im in a hurry the AC needs to be blasting when I jump in my truck during the summer. Freakin loud as shit.

Archived