2015 Suburban LTZ - knocking noise in steering column

I continue to get a knocking noise in the steering column/ wheel when turning. Doesn't occur all the time but it does occur frequently. Also have drivers seat movement as discussed in other threads. Will be taking this to the dealership soon. $70k shouldn't have these types of issues.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found out today from the dealer that the steering column is on national back order with no forecast on when the part will be available. You would think that someone could "acquire" one from the assembly plant in Arlington, TX and overnight it to the dealer!

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I don't own an suv but I am looking into getting the wife one and was wondering if this issue is still happening out there. I do own a 14' Silverado and had that issue and was told it was due to bigger tires. I went from a 275 to 285, not a big difference at all. I did take it back in and was told gm was looking to resolve this issue but that was almost 3 months ago. I don't know if there's a thread on this in Silverado/Sierra forum, I was just on here seeing what issues these suv's have before I get my wife one.

Thanks

They wouldn't replace mine the second time.

I am living in Saudi Arabia. I got it replaced with the language barrier

(I created a small scene :) )

You're lucky you are at home if I did it you surely can do it .

Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ with 12,000 miles. The knocking or clunking (audible and physical) in the steering wheel when turning began recently and seems to be occurring more frequently. I plan to take it to the dealership soon to let them check the problem. I will update accordingly. Thank you.

Archived