2015 6.0 Muffler Size Help

No, I don't have the part number. Will try to find the paperwork from the shop that did it. I just went in and described what I wanted, we looked at the manufacturer catalogs and selected the Magnaflo. The biggest hurdle to get over was the 3.5" offset inlet and outlet. Took a while to find something reasonable. I had heard others say the Magnaflo was good for the 2500HD 6.0L so I told Jim to order that one we saw in the parts catalog. It turned out really well. It is the only muffler they have that meets the 3.5" offset in and out specs, so it should not be hard to figure out.

• 1 month later...

Magnaflow doesn't make a 3.5" single in and out? Was up under the truck this last weekend changing oil, and when checking the underside, it sure said Magnaflow on the muffler. Pipes on both ends stock with no reduction. Must be a case of copyright infringement.

No, I don't have the part number. Will try to find the paperwork from the shop that did it. I just went in and described what I wanted, we looked at the manufacturer catalogs and selected the Magnaflo. The biggest hurdle to get over was the 3.5" offset inlet and outlet. Took a while to find something reasonable. I had heard others say the Magnaflo was good for the 2500HD 6.0L so I told Jim to order that one we saw in the parts catalog. It turned out really well. It is the only muffler they have that meets the 3.5" offset in and out specs, so it should not be hard to figure out.

Oval?

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/m20ProductDisplayView?catalogId=10002&langId=-1&productId=392823&storeId=10001

Yes, it is an oval muffler like that. That may well be the one my local shop got me. Because of the way the pipes run, it is set on edge like the picture in the link. I know I sure like the sound. Just the right amount of good, throaty sound that isn't loud. I have listened to it when the wife would head down the road and go to town and it is darn near perfect for my tastes. Not offensive, yet you know those cylinders are firing.

Yes, it is an oval muffler like that. That may well be the one my local shop got me. Because of the way the pipes run, it is set on edge like the picture in the link. I know I sure like the sound. Just the right amount of good, throaty sound that isn't loud. I have listened to it when the wife would head down the road and go to town and it is darn near perfect for my tastes. Not offensive, yet you know those cylinders are firing.

Exactly what I am looking for, thank you.

A bit louder than stock if you really get on it?

I found one made by magnaflow I believe but that's the only one I have found. All the other ones are 3.5"

Should be fine. Stock system is 3.5" I don't think another .5 inch should hurt. The only thing I don't like (my opinion) about it is the 5" tip.

I was also looking at the single in single out not the offset mufflers thats why i didnt see it. I have a 22inch on my 5.3 and it sounds good, but it really isnt that loud. Wonder how loud that 22 would be on a 6.0 thats the only length they have. Love my magnaflow too. Gives a tone you dont get from anything else.

Archived