disabling daytime run lights

I wanted to do the same thing, but alas, they did away with the two fuse gig I had done in the past also. But, I have conditioned myself to reach over and turn the knob to the left and disable the DRL's when I start the pickup. Message comes up on the DIC saying daytime running lights disabled and you dismiss that message. I park the pickup in the garage and can tell that they are turned off. Also, when the wife is driving and coming to pick me up from my semi truck, I can tell they are off if she remembered to do the left turn thing when she started it up or any time enroute. Still seeking a more permanent solution, but this one has me somewhat satisfied.

Some wonder why anyone would even want to disable the DRL's. But those folks never go hunting or dealing with livestock on a farm or ranch.

Edited by Cowpie
  • Like 1

yeah,that kinda stinks. I just don't like em on except for bad weather etc. being a mechanic for many years I get tired of changing burned out bulbs and melted plugs and wiring in the headlamp assemblies. that's why I always disabled them on my cars. maybe at some point someone will chime in with a fix for us. thanks

I opened up the switch, removed the return spring, put switch back together and all set. Switch stays in the off position now.

That's an interesting idea. Thanks! I will have to take a look at that.

We have a harness that will do it for you if you like tested it yesterday works fine, and we mad it move the DRL to the fog lights like it needs to be.

Edited by 2SSRS
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have a harness that will do it for you if you like tested it yesterday works fine, and we mad it move the DRL to the fog lights like it needs to be.

How can we order this harness?

• 8 months later...

Some vehicles the DRLs are the hi-beams. Of all the vehicles that have their DRLs as headlights, about 95% use their hi-beams. Would love to switch my DRLs from lo to hi.