1999-2006 GM truck fuel lines replacement help needed ?

Hello,has anyone out there replaced their rusted out OEM fuel lines ?

I purchased SSL, one piece feed and vapor fuel lines from Inlinetube.com for my 2005 GMC Sierra SLT 4wd ext.cab and worked like a mad man and removed the stock steel fuel lines by cutting them at the flex junction. That damn clamp bolted to the transmission was a bitch !

Now I'm stuck trying to install these one piece lines and I've run the routing from front to back,back to front,folded the line in half,unbolted the ABS module and fuel line brackets, and now I could use some insight from someone who's actually installed these one pc. fuel lines ?

Unfortunately these lines aren't in two pieces which would make the install so much easier!

Any assistance in regard to this fuel line install would be greatly appreciated ?

Edited by Extd4wd
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Will,

You may need this also since the Torsion Bars are in the way and I'd hate to see you kink your fuel lines ?

GMC Torsion Bar Bracket.pdf

GMC Fuel Lines.pdf

488_series_Removal-Installation_Instructions.pdf

GMC Fuel Lines.pdf

GMC Fuel Lines.pdf

GMC Fuel Lines.pdf

• 1 month later...

Hey Will,

You may need this also since the Torsion Bars are in the way and I'd hate to see you kink your fuel lines ?

Well that's a interesting read.

I know one thing I will not be doing that install

My abs unit is now moved to the outside of the frame.With that out of the way it makes for a easier route for my

own custom install on my 2003 4.3.no way I'm going install in the same place .thats what started this mess.

I'm also thinking of using the ac delco sae 30r9 fuel line hose.They say it's fuel injection compliant .Anyone tried this?

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but anybody who finds it via a web search like I did while contemplating replacing their own lines might find this addition useful.

The thought of removing my ABS modulator was giving me stress, I have no way to actuate the unit to bleed the air after reconnecting everything and I already replaced my lines with copper nickle a few years ago; so this option got moved way to the bottom of my list.  I ended up buying a 2 section stainless steel kit from an online Canadian company so removing the torsion bars wouldn't be needed.  I fumbled around a bit and came up with what I thought was an easier option.  The ABS unit has 3 mount points, 2 at the top on the sides, and one larger at the bottom in the center.  I simply cut the bottom mount about 1/2 inch below the ABS unit with an air grinder and removed all three bolts from the frame.  Most of the bottom bracket can now be removed and with the ABS unit loose the lines were able to be removed and reinstalled with a little wiggling around.  When it comes time for a re-install, line everything back up and tighten the bolts.  As for the cut bracket I thought of 2 options: 1) weld the 2 pieces back together, I tried and failed miserably  2.) Attach a small piece of steel between the 2 pieces, drill in 4 spots using #10 screws.  Option number 2 worked perfectly, although did take some time to complete. 

Lower Bracket Removed.jpg

Plate installed.jpg