All-new 2016 Chevy Camaro photos - what do you think?

Gorehamj

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
5/16/2015
Today Chevrolet launched the all-new 2016 Camaro. GM says there will be six new powertrain offerings starting with a 2.0-Liter turbo that will go 0-60 MPH in under six seconds, and including a Camaro SS with 455 hp. Highlights of the new car include a leaner stiffer chassis and driver selectable drive modes. The Camaro is also 200 pounds lighter depending upon trim, and for the first time magnetic ride control will be available on an SS trim. GM says that the '16 Camaro is so new "Only two parts carry over from the fifth-generation Camaro to the new Gen Six: the rear bowtie emblem and the SS badge.

We'd like to know what you think of the new look. Comment below.
Download attachment: camaro_2016_2.jpg Download attachment: camaro_2016_3.jpg

Attached Images:
Attached Image: camaro_2016_2.jpgAttached Image: camaro_2016_3.jpg

Click here to view the article

camaro 16 red main.jpg

Camaro 16 blue.jpg

camaro 16 interior.jpg

camaro 16 red main.jpg

Camaro 16 blue.jpg

camaro 16 interior.jpg

camaro 16 red main.jpg

Camaro 16 blue.jpg

camaro 16 interior.jpg

camaro 16 red main.jpg

Camaro 16 blue.jpg

camaro 16 interior.jpg

GM says that the '16 Camaro is so new "Only two parts carry over from the fifth-generation Camaro to the new Gen Six: the rear bowtie emblem and the SS badge.

Two part carry-over, now that's new. The rear end looks higher which won't help the already non-existent visibility out the back. I like the body styling, although I prefer a touring car. If the vents on the hood are functional, headwinds will be a fun drive with the turbo version. Just going on looks alone, I'll give it a 10, although I wouldn't buy one.

My son has a 5th Gen and he always loved the dual quads in the rear of my touring car. Now the 6th Gen has dual quads, going to be a hit with the 30 something crowd.

The Transformer look: During the production of the first Transformer movie, I was consulted by the producer if filming at my location was a possibility. My location was too important to national security to make it happen, but it was fun to hear the details. True story.

Edited by The Zip

I like it

Interior is a huge upgrade

Rear end? Need to see in person

Will I get rid of my 5th gen? Not in the near future maybe wait for a ZL1 or Z/28 model

Ryan

Absolutely loving it. I wasn't a big fan of the 5th gen Camaro's which was why I ended up with a Mustang. Couldn't argue with the performance dominance of the ZL1 and the Z28 though.

But this car is gorgeous, I'm definitely getting a ZL1 as soon as they are available. Well done GM. And that interior is insane. It's like GM combined the C7 vette interior with a mercedes interior (especially the vents).

Absolutely loving it. I wasn't a big fan of the 5th gen Camaro's which was why I ended up with a Mustang. Couldn't argue with the performance dominance of the ZL1 and the Z28 though.

But this car is gorgeous, I'm definitely getting a ZL1 as soon as they are available. Well done GM. And that interior is insane. It's like GM combined the C7 vette interior with a mercedes interior (especially the vents).

Hopefully our future ZL1s are only 5 hp off the vette also!(645) Edited by SnakeEyes
  • Like 2

Two part carry-over, now that's new. The rear end looks higher which won't help the already non-existent visibility out the back. I like the body styling, although I prefer a touring car. If the vents on the hood are functional, headwinds will be a fun drive with the turbo version. Just going on looks alone, I'll give it a 10, although I wouldn't buy one.

My son has a 5th Gen and he always loved the dual quads in the rear of my touring car. Now the 6th Gen has dual quads, going to be a hit with the 30 something crowd.

The Transformer look: During the production of the first Transformer movie, I was consulted by the producer if filming at my location was a possibility. My location was too important to national security to make it happen, but it was fun to hear the details. True story.

Even though I haven't driven a newer Camaro except for parking one at the dealership I used to work at, as long as it has a rear backup camera I would be fine since I'm used to using just my side mirrors and don't use the rearview mirror on the windshield. Ever since I got my CDL the only time I've used my rearview mirror on the windshield is if I'm keeping an eye on someone in the back seat.

I like it... only how much does it weigh?

Not nearly as gay looking as the 5th gen. Although I still think the '11+ Mustang looks better.

I still wish they would step further away from retro.

It says 200 lbs less then the 5th gen. So roughly 3600-3700 lbs depending on model I believe.

It says 200 lbs less then the 5th gen. So roughly 3600-3700 lbs depending on model I believe.

Not bad, still wish it were lighter. I used to have a heavily modified 4th gen that was an autocross/HPDE car. I lightened it by 200# and that made a huge difference.