All-new 2016 Chevy Camaro photos - what do you think?

Gorehamj

Way better then the last one.. The last gem camaro interior was awful and the whole car just looked dated when it came out.. Wish the would make them smaller too

Edited by KMGZ400
  • Like 1

It says 200 lbs less then the 5th gen. So roughly 3600-3700 lbs depending on model I believe.

Not bad, still wish it were lighter. I used to have a heavily modified 4th gen that was an autocross/HPDE car. I lightened it by 200# and that made a huge difference.

Actually being just above mid 3,000 lbs is real close to what the 1st gen weighed. That's not bad considering all of the extra stuff that new cars have.

• Like 2

Actually being just above mid 3,000 lbs is real close to what the 1st gen weighed. That's not bad considering all of the extra stuff that new cars have.

3,500# first gens? Yeah, maybe with a few fat guys in it!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=OSFaVdX-MsGDNqjrgPAO&url=http://jalopnik.com/5140813/model-bloat-how-the-camaro-gained-827-pounds-over-37-model-years&ved=0CCEQFjAC&usg=AFQjCNF_l7aqkyuokBL266b3O8KGbTeFfw&sig2=BHz6AU2klZx_bjibN9hd1w

• Like 1

Well from my understanding I thought they were around the 3,400 range. Looks like Gen 2 is when you get around the same as the new gen 6 which is in the same boat because gen 2s were before computers and had steal bodies like the gen 1s. I could be wrong about the computer thing, but I don't think GM started to use computers until the mid 80s.

As with all the late model cars & trucks, this camaro is BLOATED!

Need to call in Jenny Craig & Weight watchers for some fat cutting.

That being said, 1st gen was the best for body style.

Need to call in Jenny Craig & Wreight watchers for some fat cutting.

Edited by watergate528

Need to call in Jenny Craig & Weight watchers for some fat cutting.

Need to call in Jenny Craig & Wreight watchers for some fat cutting.

If you call the camaro bloated what do you call the challenger?

• Like 1

If you call the camaro bloated what do you call the challenger?

I call the Challenger BLOATED also.

Although the Challenger more closely resembles the original car than does the Camaro or the Mustang.

All a matter of personal preference. :thumbs:

Actually its now made back in the US at a "Cadillac" Plant. That will tell you the smaller platform it shares.

Ya should be the same platform as the Cadi ATS Coupe. Same as the Impala I believe is the same platform as the Cadi CTS and I'm sure the Malibu is the same platform as the Cadi XTS. I could be wrong though.

• Like 1

I would like to thank the OP and others posting info/videos. I am a 1st Gen ( 68) lover, and the 5th gen really didnt do it for me, but this looks Hot. Any of you who own a brand new GM truck with a V-6 will know its been ( Ls'ed) and the 4.3 has as much power as a older 5.3 V8 LS engine.. That said; The camaro smaller V6 Im sure has been "Ls'ed" . I bet it flies, and gets 20+ mpg. The 4 cyl Turbo,, Well GM is Finally making use of the Pontiac Solstice GPX engine. Born for RWD use it seems like a natural fit. I am betting on 26 MPG on that ( without turbo running a lot).

I bought a '69 when they were new and only sold it after I got married and my new bride begged me to get a car with air conditioning and automatic transmission. I put 120,000 miles on that car and I loved it more than any car I have ever owned.

My current Camaro is a 2013 1LE and it makes me smile like a kid every time I drive it. If you drive the Camaro and the Mustang side by side, which I have done, the handling is far better is the modern Gen5 than the Mustang. Also, the quality of the materials on the interior of my Camaro make the Mustang seem cheap. My son is a dedicated Ford fan and I bought him a Mustang for his first car, so I am not just a Ford hater, I simply like my Camaro & Sierra better than his Mustang and F150.

I like the pics and videos of the Gen6, but I will be in no rush to trade my 1LE with less than 9K miles.

2013-06-23_11-54-34_358_zpsae44f832.jpg

I might change my mind after I see one in person, I know than the interior is an improvement for sure.

• Like 1