Ordered New 2500HD

I'm in the same boat as you are, placed my order a couple weeks ago. As far as I know you will need your order number to get any status updates. Apparently it takes a few weeks to get as I haven't received mine yet. I plan on calling this week to see if they have it yet, but like you hate to bother them too much.

Once you get your order number go to gm's website and start a chat and they should be able to give you status updates from there. At least that's what I've been told. Good luck, hope your wait isn't too long.

There are previous threads on order status. As of last Fall, no online information available for the HD's. I found my was shipping when it appeared on the dealer's website. :-) I think it was two or three months. I recommend you just forget you ordered it and then it becomes a surprise when you get the call...

Was wondering if there is any information on how to get updated info on my order? Well that is beside going to my sales man.... Don't with to bother him every week..

Thanks

Brian

Once you have the order number you can do an online chat with a chevrolet rep (go to chevrolet.com, choose "build vehicle" and the chat button should show up on the lower right of your screen somewhere).

They will give you the current status code for your build.

Took me almost exactly 4 weeks from order to delivery for a vehicle built in Flint, MI and delivered to California.

What did they say your current status code is?

I placed my order exactly 2 weeks ago and just got an update today saying code 4000 available to ship. Not sure how much longer I have but hopefully not too much longer. Mine is for a 2500 gas Denali

What did they say your current status code is?

I placed my order exactly 2 weeks ago and just got an update today saying code 4000 available to ship. Not sure how much longer I have but hopefully not too much longer. Mine is for a 2500 gas Denali

When mine went to code 4000 (available to ship), it took 4 days to be loaded onto a railcar, 7 more days to make it to the regional railroad automobile distribution center, and 4 more days to be put on a truck transport and delivered to the dealer.

I have seen people that close to the manufacturing plant get their trucks 2-3 days after it goes to 4000.

My vehicle went from dealer order / available to sequence to built in just under two weeks, just like yours. The ground transportation took longer than the build time.

GM's production control efficiency is amazing for a vehicle with so many possible options.

Last week’s email from sales:

Scheduled week of production is 5/25/15 with subject to change. After that I will know more.

This week’s:

Looks like were on schedule for 27th but not definite. I’ll know more next week.

When mine went to code 4000 (available to ship), it took 4 days to be loaded onto a railcar, 7 more days to make it to the regional railroad automobile distribution center, and 4 more days to be put on a truck transport and delivered to the dealer.

I have seen people that close to the manufacturing plant get their trucks 2-3 days after it goes to 4000.

My vehicle went from dealer order / available to sequence to built in just under two weeks, just like yours. The ground transportation took longer than the build time.

GM's production control efficiency is amazing for a vehicle with so many possible options.

Like you said being close to the plant you get loaded right on and delivered to. My truck was built and I was driving it in the same week. Flint crew cab to north central IN.

Rail sucks, takes forever, gets moved 100 times and has rail dust all over it.

Archived