Stabilitrac Issue from lift or tires

I am getting ready to purchase a lift for my 2014 DC Sierra but have heard mixed results from some posters on this forum regarding Stabilitrac issues. It seems that some people have experienced issues and some don't (or they didn't mention it). I am planning to use BDS 4" (most likely) with 35" tires on stock wheels. Do the issues come from the lift, or the tire diameter change?

I know that I have to get an alignment after the install. Some have mentioned that the steering positioner and the YAW have to be reset to zero. Is this something that the alignment shop will know how to do? Is it standard practice that any alignment shop will have experience with, or is it safer to have the alignment done at the dealership?

I would like to know people's experiences with details (what lift, what tire size, did you re-tune the speedometer, reset steering positioner, at general garage or dealer service only).

Sorry for so many questions, but I am just trying to understand what I am in for if I lift the vehicle rather than get saddled with problems to sort out afterwards. BDS made it sound like it was bolt on and go when I talked to them, but real world experiences seem to differ. Thanks.

I think the issue stems from tire diameter. Stock tires are like 32" tires. So when installing new tires that are 35", it throws the computer off enough to get issues. Retuning the speedo should be able to correct this issue.

The alignment shouldn't be an issue, BDS will either provide alignment specs with the kit, or say it can be aligned to factory specs with the lift installed. I find that NTB shops do the best at aligning. They use the good laser alignment machines. In my experience, the dealership does it half ass.

I'll let some lifted guys chime in, but I'm pretty sure that's the deal.

I have a four inch BDS lift with 32 inch tires ( Durotracs) .

Had it installed at the dealer when new. I have 65,000 km and have never had any issues. I did recently pull the abs fuse to disable the stabilitrac though as I hate it.

As far as I know all they did was a wheel alignment, no special adjustments on sensors or anything.

I would do it again for sure.

I didnt go with a bigger tire as I hate rubbing and didnt want to risk it. Plus I already lost about 4 miles per gallon and bigger tires would be worse. I just wanted more ground clearance for the body in mud and snow.

I have stabilitrack issues in turns. I just got my programer and changed the tire size but it didn't solve the problem. I will have to go back to the dealer and ask them to reset the steering wheel position sensor and yaw sensor to 0. I had the alignment done at NTB and they couldn't reset my tire pressure sensors so I doubt they can do any other sensors. I am 100% sure now the Stabilitrack is due to the alignment and sensors. When I had the lift installed he got the steering as close as he could so I could drive home ok. I drove home 25 miles on the stock wheels and stock tires with no stabilitrack coming on. The stabilitrack started when driving home from NTB after the tires where put on and alignment done. I figured it was tire diameter change but now I know it isn't after adjusting the speedo. According to BDS its the Steering position sensor and possibly yaw rate sensor

Is the dealer the only place that can adjust the steering position sensor and the yaw rate sensor? Is that a common practice when doing the lifts, or just rare cases? I am planning to install the lift myself, but need to have the alignment done afterwards. I want to be prepared with what I need to know, where to go, and what to tell them. Not many off road shops around where I am, and limited experience at best.

Mine is not fixed even after dealer reset all sensors. I called BDS again and they do not have an answer. They want me to video tape when it comes on but it is totally random the only thing I have figured out I am almost sure its only on left turns.

I can almost bet it will be a tire size issue. I bet the programmer you used did not program the tire size correctly and is causing the issue. Wanna pinpoint it for sure, put you stock tires on and do your drive test again. If the ST does not act up then it is the tire size cause all of the issues.

Mine is not fixed even after dealer reset all sensors. I called BDS again and they do not have an answer. They want me to video tape when it comes on but it is totally random the only thing I have figured out I am almost sure its only on left turns.

I have the exafct same problem. Found it's mostly left hand turns that are atleast 90 degrees when doing them with a little bit of speed like turning from one road to another without a stop sign.

I have the exafct same problem. Found it's mostly left hand turns that are atleast 90 degrees when doing them with a little bit of speed like turning from one road to another without a stop sign.

Is your set up the same BDS 6" lift with 35 inch tires or something else?

Yes BDS 6inch with rear leaf springs and Fox coilovers. I have stock 20x9 and 35inch MickeyThompson tires. Have you called BDS about yours? There iis also someone eles on this forum with same issue. I am am very angry I don't enjoy driving the truck anymore. My ride quality is also horrible the leafsprings are like steel beams and have no give. The front end cv angles are so steep and bounces around. I did all my homework for a year before buying a lift and Im so disappointed. I drove a silverado with a superlift 4in kit drove like stock also my old truck with a Rancho drove much better