Drop resonator only

Hey guys, I tried searching this but didn't really find an answer.

Has anyone tried just ditching the reasonator and keeping everything else stock including the adaptive valve?

I'm thinking about this cause everywhere I read talks about drone and I do not want that. Also don't want to spend big $ for a full system at this time.

Just looking for a bit of rumble out of this truck and thought that might be a good place to start.

I used to have a muffler delete only then recently got my resonator pulled out too and it does add a bit more noise especially on cold startup but other than that a resonator delete mostly just changes the way it sounds, i could upload a video if you want, also mines a 6.2 so if you have the 5.3 that would also change it a bit

Yes I have the 5.3, so wouldn't sound the same...I do think the muffler delete sounds good at times but then other times like when revving it sometimes sounds like it has an exhaust leak but that could very well just be because I'm listening on a iPhone so tough to tell without hearing in person...don't know what to do. If I cut it out and don't like it then what....

Thanks for the responses!

Honestly I was worried too at first but once you get it done you wont regret it, the only problem i have now is that with my muffler and resonator taken out it can be a tad too loud in some places haha

Haha, I don't really want it too loud, I'm kinda past that point in my life. Just want my new truck to sound like a V8 and not a sewing machine.....

Just a little hesitant to cut out the muffler and then

want to spend more on it because I'm not happy. Getting harder to sneak past the wife these days haha.

Haha, I don't really want it too loud, I'm kinda past that point in my life. Just want my new truck to sound like a V8 and not a sewing machine.....

Just a little hesitant to cut out the muffler and then

want to spend more on it because I'm not happy. Getting harder to sneak past the wife these days haha.

I'm like you. I like the sound of the stock GMT900 exhausts. That old school stock GM throaty rumble at idle. I think if we cut out the flapper valve and resonator, we should get that. Those are the only new additions to this K2 truck exhaust I believe.

Archived