My Diablo inTune arrives tomorrow!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Play around with it and see what you like. I keep changing mine, but right now I'm running 87 tune with 15% throttle boost. Hard shift tune with torque management disabled and corrected tire size.

Play around with it and see what you like. I keep changing mine, but right now I'm running 87 tune with 15% throttle boost. Hard shift tune with torque management disabled and corrected tire size.

Does the hard shit tune get rid of the clunky shifting ?

Yes, that and I clamped my rear leafs to reduce axle wrap because I was still getting a thud when shifting after installing the tune.

What are these clamps you speak of? And where can I get them?

Here's the thread I made about the issue. I used shackle straps as that's all I could find. I've also since moved the bolts to be about 1" closer to the axle.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/172777-clunkthud-while-acceleratingslowing-down/?do=findComment&comment=1623928

Picking them up as soon as I get off work....

Let me know how they work out for you. Try not to clamp too far forward, they will stiffen the suspension and possibly lower your rear end a tiny bit if you do. I was worried I had clamped them too far forward at 6" so I went back to around 5". Not stiff at all and I feel its planted to the ground a lot better.

I put on the shackles and went for a drive, I could tell the difference. I put them about 5 inches in front of the axle. I didn't know how much to tighten them, so I did it as tight as I could.

I tightened them down as tight as I could as well. Unfortunately I stripped the bolts when I did it. Found out when I went to move them back. Had to go get new bolts. Firms up the shifts nicely I found!

I have a Diablo inTune on my truck. Wasn't impressed with the Diablo tune. I bought it planning on getting a custom Diablew tune. I am much happier with it after getting the tune from Lew. I had a lot of trouble getting my inTune to work initially. I plugged it in and did all the applicable updates first. Wouldn't work on my truck. I had to call Diablosport several times and they had to e-mail me some software to download into the device. After 3-4 phone calls they got it working. Works great now! They have really good customer service too.

Archived