Rough Idle... not according to dealer

Once my truck is warm and I come off the highway to a stop light I get a rough idle that kind of cycles. You can see the RPMs drop maybe 100 (truck kind of shudders) for a couple seconds and climb back up. Wait a few seconds and it will do it again. Dealer says it normal. I say BS.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say it's normal too. If you have your climate control on, it's cycling your air conditioning and would cause the change in RPM. And unless the truck feels like it's going to stall, It would be tough to describe it as a rough idle in my opinion.

For my job I have driven a lot of these trucks and SUV's. They all do this like said above especially with the climate control on. I have even noticed it in the 15 Vette I was driving last week

Mines doing that, wont throw a code but my buddys scan tool is showing a missfire. Btw i do have 68k andwill be doing plugs and wires very soon

My RPMs don't really change that I've seen, but I get a "rough shiver" every few seconds in mine. Didn't do it when I first bought it though. Two dealerships have told me its normal for the 6.2s. One service manager told me "there's no way to balance that much Detroit Iron". Yeah...

My RPMs don't really change that I've seen, but I get a "rough shiver" every few seconds in mine. Didn't do it when I first bought it though. Two dealerships have told me its normal for the 6.2s. One service manager told me "there's no way to balance that much Detroit Iron". Yeah...

That's what made me think it's not right... why did I not get this shudder when it was new?

Mine does this and its getting worse it seems. The frequency that this shutter occurs is just about every time I come off an idle. The other day I counted to 10 before it smoothed back out. When the service tech was on a test drive for something else he felt it and was going to look into the problem for me.

Glad to know this is normal

There was a TSB that called for realigning the motor and the trans on the mounts. I had it done as well. Helped a little.

Interesting...thanks.

Archived