6.0. The last engine in existence that a "Shade Tree" guy ca

Read an article about the complexity of modern auto engines

Am I wrong , or is the 6.0 the last of a dying breed?

Every, and I mean EVERY current engine, save the 6.0 is absurdity complex.

Modern GM truck engines. Afm, Cylinder deactivation, and tons of bloatware. Dont even get me started on modern diesels.

The 6.0, basically unchanged since 1998.

Anyone else skeptical of modern vehicles? Sure, awesome power, and mpg. My current truck, a 2006 5.3. Bumper to bumper, I can replace anything myself, for under $1500,if not less.

My wife's Enclave? Pfft. Trans took a dump, under warranty, thankfully. $5765 total. Sheesh.

Think ill pick up a pre 2014 6.0 2500,and just throw parts at it until rapture.

Honestly, as complex as engines have become, there are relatively few engine problems. I know, that's not much consolation when you're the guy paying the repair bill and doing the diagnostics/repairs yourself is not possible.

I'm not a big fan of changing what works, but a lot of the concerns that crop up about newer engine designs turn out to be unfounded. A lot of what gets chalked up to engine problems, isn't an engine problem at all. I'm skeptical of modern cars but it has more to do with half baked computer programming, CVT's and infotainment systems.

Read an article about the complexity of modern auto engines

Am I wrong , or is the 6.0 the last of a dying breed?

Every, and I mean EVERY current engine, save the 6.0 is absurdity complex.

Modern GM truck engines. Afm, Cylinder deactivation, and tons of bloatware. Dont even get me started on modern diesels.

The 6.0, basically unchanged since 1998.

Anyone else skeptical of modern vehicles? Sure, awesome power, and mpg. My current truck, a 2006 5.3. Bumper to bumper, I can replace anything myself, for under $1500,if not less.

My wife's Enclave? Pfft. Trans took a dump, under warranty, thankfully. $5765 total. Sheesh.

Think ill pick up a pre 2014 6.0 2500,and just throw parts at it until rapture.

Well now, the 6.0 has evolved a good bit since its existance. It was iron block and head at its release, changed to aluminum head, got rid of EGR, new head design, VVT.

Love the 6.0, its thirsty and could use some more ass but it is rock solid. I told myself I would wait for the new engine in the HD trucks but the motor wont be as good as the current 6.0

Archived