rusting frames from the factory

I purchased a 2014 Silverado (High Country) a $50K truck. A recall stated that the frames were not painted or treated properly from the factory. The dealer tried to fix it but only took care of the spots that you could see, but not underneath where you needed to crawl under to see. Investing this much money in a vehicle that should last for years is very disappointing. I feel that I may try a different manufacture. I really like the Chevy brand but now with these problems I'm not sure about continuing to buy a Chevrolet. I would appreciate someone from the manufacturer to contact me. I will be willing to meet a factory representative at a dealership to show them this truck and talk with them about getting some kind of satisfaction. Please contact me so I can feel you are willing to do the right thing. Thank you.

My Name is: Jack ****

Its not a recall. Almost all of them do it. Worse in northern states.

Get in touch with GM via phone or a customer service rep on this forum here as this site is not directly affiliated with GM.

Yup, its pretty bad on these trucks. I now purposely check out every trucks frame that I walk by and none of them look as bad as mine did before I painted it myself. Its pretty bad that I can check underneath a 10-15 year old f-150 and the frame still looks new.

Yup, its pretty bad on these trucks. I now purposely check out every trucks frame that I walk by and none of them look as bad as mine did before I painted it myself. Its pretty bad that I can check underneath a 10-15 year old f-150 and the frame still looks new.

No salt in Canada? Lol. The ones in NY look BAD.

No salt in Canada? Lol. The ones in NY look BAD.

Where I live they don't salt the roads. Its so cold theres no need. Warmer places like Ontario salt the roads and I could imagine their frames look horrible. Anyways I cleaned my frame and painted it with rust encapsulator. Now it looks like it should.

Hi Jack,

I have removed your personal information from the post. This is a non official community website, and we are not affiliated with General Motors.

With that said, as projectsummit said, there are GM Customer Service representives on the site, who would be happy to hear from you and send you in the right direction.

Thanks, and welcome to GM-Trucks.com :thumbs:

• 5 months later...

jack i was also a die hard Gm fan until they i perchased my 2013 tahoe that ate up a trans at 28k. The dealer rebuilt it brought it back broken and it nearly killed my wife so Gm put in a Gm reman-trans and that thing is a p.o.s. Now my truck drives horrible, i am reminded how bad i hate it several times each ride i take in it, Gm stated to me after my issue was escalated to the top that it was designed to "clunk"...., Buy a Toyota.

Archived