Exhaust question!!

Hey guys I'm New here and would love it if yall could help me out. I was just wondering if your truck vibrates when in v4 mode. I have a spintech pro Street 6000 muffler that is a sing exit dump directly over the rear axle. I'm suspecting that it's just the rubble shaking the bed. Also what exhaust are you guys running (if at all) and are you having the same problem?

I just returned a dynomax vt because of slight shaking and "helicopter" sound but only done it under very light throttle while in V4. Any other time the exhaust was great.

I'm running a GM borla. Great sound and no vibration even in v4 mode. I went with Borla because its endorsed by Gm.

I also have the GMPP, Borla cat-back system on my 2008 V-Max. It's the "performance" model. When I ran it for a while with AFM enabled, it did drone terribly on the highway when in V4 mode.

It's from GM performance parts by Borla. I think the mufflers for the 5.3 are all the same and the 6.2 are all the same. They are a touring model at least for the 5.3. Not sure about the 6.2.

I have the GM Borla dual rear exit, dealer installed before delivery, and have no issues.

To be perfectly honest, the AFM V4 mode in these trucks sounds and feels awful and always has since they started doing it. My 2012 with the 3.08 gears was worse than my current 2015 with the 3.42s. Could just be the right ratios at the right speeds?

I think the transition from cruse to acceleration is embarrassing in all GM full-size vehicles. First it takes a year to decide what gear it wants, and then it mozies itself back into V8 mode, all while torque management makes sure you ride on a cloud. Forget about trying to jump lanes in traffic.

I guess the nice part is when you jump into a GM performance car with a manual 6-speed, you feel like you're in a LeMans racer.

Archived