Driver Side Assist Handle

OK - thanks. I guess the drivers a-pillar airbag is rendered useless after the handle is added - as instead of a pop-off piece of trim tethered by a rubber spring it will now be bolted to the a-pillar.

I may look into what it would take to delete that airbag from the system or maybe disable the firing mechanism.

That is not true.

The part that contains the handle is perforated to break away around the handle. The airbag that is there fires and opens over the driver side door and should still be fully operational.

Google crash tests for the Silverado or Sierra and you will see what I mean.

The airbag mechanism and the air bag has not been altered at all in my vehicle and it is the same air bag that is in the Silverado and should still be fully operational in your vehicle.

My suggestion would be to take your vehicle to the dealer or take the vehicle to a body shop you trust and have them install the handle.

If you have come this far and you need the handle as we did it is worth the money to have it installed.

All the videos I found where of trucks without the drivers assist handle.

Not that is bothers me anyway, I was just making an observation - albeit as it turns out an incorrect one.

• 1 year later...

Archived