Loud audio buzzing noise

On 2 occasions, I've noticed a loud buzzing noise in my truck. The first time it happened, I had unlocked my truck with the key fob and then opened the passenger door and I heard it as soon as I opened the door. It sounded like it came from the dash/radio area and lasted about 3 seconds.

The second time it happened, I was sitting in the truck and then started the truck with the key and the sound felt like it was coming out of all of the speakers....I could feel the sound in the drivers door while my arm rested on it. Again it lasted about 3 seconds.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not a mechanical noise it's electric or some kind of signal. My problem is I can't pinpoint the circumstances that make it happen so I can tell the dealer. I've only noticed it twice in the past month and the circumstances in each instance were different.

Edited by Silverado-Hareek

It's not a mechanical noise it's electric or some kind of signal. My problem is I can't pinpoint the circumstances that make it happen so I can tell the dealer. I've only noticed it twice in the past month and the circumstances in each instance were different.

Do you have an AUX cable hooked up?

Do you have an AUX cable hooked up?

No but that's a good way to describe the sound. It's like you had an AUX audio cable plugged into the truck and you touch the other end with your finger...that kind of a "buzz" or "noise" but extremely louder.

This has happened with mine on a very infrequent interval. The only common factor when it happens is that I leave my usb charging cable for my iphone plugged in all the time.

The only thing I leave plugged in is my iPhone charger that's plugged into the cigarette lighter port on the underside of my dashboard. I switched the fuse in my driver side fuse box so that this port only has power when the truck is on, not constant power, so the green light on the USB converter won't drain the battery when the truck is off. But I never connect to the built in USB ports and there are no other wires I leave plugged in anywhere.

• 1 month later...

I have had the same problem here. Looking on the forum and finally someone else has had this. I have had this happen at least 2-3 times. I am in the process of trying to record it for the dealer. When it comes on the screen is blank and doesn't show the mylink /Chevy screen so might be something there?

I have had the same problem here. Looking on the forum and finally someone else has had this. I have had this happen at least 2-3 times. I am in the process of trying to record it for the dealer. When it comes on the screen is blank and doesn't show the mylink /Chevy screen so might be something there?

Yeah it definitely has something to do with the MyLink or audio system. I think my screen was blank as well, but I'm not sure if that matters or not. I haven't been able to make note of any patterns of symptoms when it happens. I also haven't heard the noise at all since starting this thread so who knows.

Hello StupendousMan and Silverado-Hareek,

I am sorry to hear that you guys are having issues with your infotainments systems in your respective vehicles and understand that this can be frustrating for you guys. For another layer of support feel free to contact our Infotainment Customer Support Group. Their hours of operation are 8:00am to 10:00pm EST Monday through Saturday and the phone number is (855) 478-7767. Feel free to keep us updated and send us a private message if we can be of more assistance!

Kindest Regards,

Blair E.

GM Customer Care

You aren't alone..mine does this once in a while also.

Unfortunately this is only one of the issues mine is experiencing.

I get random service rear vision system warnings and the usb drive has quit working properly. It will only play a few songs off a 4 gig drive with 80 albums on it.

Will not allow searching the drive at all by album or artist. I've tried multiple thumb drives and still no go.

Dealer is supposed to be researching a cure, but nothing so far.

Well damn, leaf spring noise,and now I can be added to the unlock and open door to loud buzzing and mylink screen blank issue. I wonder how many more hidden features GM has built into this truck. I can't wait for the leak and vibration. Those sound like fun....

If anyone finds a cure, please post up...

You aren't alone..mine does this once in a while also.

Unfortunately this is only one of the issues mine is experiencing.

I get random service rear vision system warnings and the usb drive has quit working properly. It will only play a few songs off a 4 gig drive with 80 albums on it.

Will not allow searching the drive at all by album or artist. I've tried multiple thumb drives and still no go.

Dealer is supposed to be researching a cure, but nothing so far.

Have you tried a 2 GB drive or smaller? Systems that can only read FAT16 filesystems are limited to 2 GB or smaller. I don't know if that's true of GM's system, but it might be worth a try.

• 7 months later...