N00b with questions

Great forum here! I've been using vehicle-specific forums since the late 1990's for whatever vehicle I had or wanted. They are always a great resource so I really appreciate finding this one.

I thought a big truck like this would be out of my price range, but an SLE with cloth seats is reasonably priced and all the local dealers are advertising discounts of 6-7K as a combination of their discount plus cash back from GM. I'l be trading in two vehicles that are paid for. KBB and Edmunds say they are worth about 6k together as trade-ins.

I haven't bought a new vehicle new since 2003 and I had no trade then. I have seriously had very hard times in the past with disrespectful and deceitful car dealers, even though I am always nice and polite and honest with them. I would have bought two new vehicles since 2003 if they didn't act they way they did. Both times I just took my down payment and repaired/maintained my old truck instead. I've been reading articles on modern car dealers and it doesn't look like they have changed much.

The last time I tried to trade in a good used vehicle the dealership basically insulted me and told me that KBB and Edmunds don't have a clue to what a cars value is. Have you guys had good luck with Chevy or GMC dealers giving a fair price for your trades, or will they still try to low ball you?

I want this for my daily driver, and don't haul much so I was going for the 4.3 V6, which has good reviews, but I've read that the 5.3 V8 gets nearly the same gas mileage on the highway with much more power because they both run on 4 cylinders on the highway. I drive on highways to and from work. Any of you guys have experience with both?

For the 2015 Sierra SLE there is a package called the 'Preferred' package that gets you a full center console with all those power ports, among other things. How you you get that console in a mid-range Silverado? I don't like that foldy-downy thing on the center seat with the three cupholders. I want a double cab anyway, so there is plenty of seating back there.

That Cayenne Metallic color is drop-dead gorgeous, especially out here in the Arizona sunshine. I also like the elegant look of the coco/dune interior. I've had nothing but red trucks and black or grey interiors since I was in high school. I'd like something different this time.

I've been looking on the internet, and am in no hurry, but finding a Cayenne Metallic double cab 2wd with that coco/dune interior with a center console and navigation has turned up nothing so far. Have any of you guys ordered one like you want with minimal hassle? A Silverado like that would be my 2nd choice.

Anyhoo, thank you all for taking the time to read all of this. I'm excited to buy a new truck after 12 years!

Jason

Archived