What is 1 option from the competitor you would take ?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Electronic rear locker on the F150. (Until it tore up and had to be fixed) Not sure if it would be more durable than the G80 or not?

G80 is wonderful. I wish it was available in some of my cars. Don't change that one, an electric-actuated locker would only add complexity and stupidity.

For me, it's better suspension design and calibration for the 2wd version. My trucks have been 2wd and I never take them off the road. I want it to handle around corners and to have live rear axle with Watts link, lower center of gravity, appropriately lower roll centers and axis, and stiff dampers and anti-sway bars.

Electronic rear locker on the F150. (Until it tore up and had to be fixed) Not sure if it would be more durable than the G80 or not?

My work truck is a F150 with the rear electric locker and it is great, much better than the GM's G80. I've got 70k miles on that truck and use the locker quite often for my job and never any problems. I have had the G80 grenade on me in past work trucks though. The biggest problem with GM and Ford is the stupid advance track or whatever they call it. You have to turn that off before you go off road, if not you will get stuck pretty quick.

So that is my wish for Chevy to have the e-locker like the Ford as well as the front approach angle of a Tundra even though my personal truck will rarely ever be taken in areas where they will be needed!

High definition display for back up camera/ customizable screen options for mylink/ intellilink.

My friends f-150 reverse camera is 10x clearer than ours. My gf's grand Cherokee display is 10x better. And I know you can change background images on the f-350's

Definitely a +1 to the rear slide-down window like the Tundra.

Rear HVAC vents like anyone else.

A painted frame like anyone else.

Remote locking tailgate like the F150.

Shiftronic type manual control of the automatic transmission like the F150 or Ram.

That's about it. I prefer the size of the GM trucks over the competitors. I don't want them to be any bigger than they are now. I can't stand how high the bed rails are on an F150!

EDIT: For the Z71 package, I wish it had metal skid plates and Bilstien shocks like the Tundra.

Archived