SUMO SPRINGS INSTALLED. READY FOR POOL IN THE BED!

Ok ok. Calm down. I've done the math, I know my payload. I will cliterally (yup I just combined two like words to make you laugh) be within 100lbs of my max

Payload once I add about 200 gallons of water for WMZQ fest next weekend. The issue is I will also have 3 people, chairs and a cooler in the cab. This will exceed my allowable payload and since I have a 2"-1" leveling kit, I'm already sitting not as raked as a stock Silverado. So I ordered some SumoSprings and installed them. They look about 35 mins to install and everything went smooth. I'll take pics of the truck bed pool and I might just have the other ride seperate so I won't exceed my payload. Does anyone else have experience with these "springs?"

post-136291-0-23716000-1432964449_thumb.jpg

No experience with them. But, as long as you drive on smooth surface you should be ok. One concern is the flimsy bed that these trucks have. The bed is very thin and multiple pieces spot welded together. I've seen a GMT 900 bed (same internal bed) come apart from regular hard use on a 2500.

By my swag, 200 gal is about 2 ft deep, full width of the bed (about 5 ft) and 2 1/2 ft of the length of the bed, or about the size of a bed mounted tool box, or roughly 1 ft of water in the whole bed of a 5 1/2 ft bed. I'd go ahead and put the people in the bed (its a parade?) for baffling the water. You don't want 1600 lbs of water sloshing around. The front wall of the bed won't take a lot of force.

The bags look good BUT I would definitely get rid of the stacked blocks. not a good idea and not safe. In most places it's illegal and you will not pass inspection. Do yourself, and everybody else that may be on the road a favor and change them out with a single rear block.

Since you seem to do some towing and want the rear of the truck lifted you may want to invest in a different seat of leaf springs. There are several lift kit companies that offer new leaf packs that will give you the height you want. It will also help out when towing and handle all that weight better. If you don't want to put out the money for complete leaf springs, 'add a leafs' are also the proper way to achieve lift and they help with weight.

I would not even attempt to tow that heavy with rear blocks stacked, no way. There is too much that can go wrong when you stack blocks like that. It doesn't take much for stacked blocks to shift or twist. Seeing that you are going to be hauling/towing, that weight may cause you an issue and leave you stranded on the side of the road.

• 2 weeks later...

The bags look good BUT I would definitely get rid of the stacked blocks. not a good idea and not safe. In most places it's illegal and you will not pass inspection. Do yourself, and everybody else that may be on the road a favor and change them out with a single rear block.

Since you seem to do some towing and want the rear of the truck lifted you may want to invest in a different seat of leaf springs. There are several lift kit companies that offer new leaf packs that will give you the height you want. It will also help out when towing and handle all that weight better. If you don't want to put out the money for complete leaf springs, 'add a leafs' are also the proper way to achieve lift and they help with weight.

I would not even attempt to tow that heavy with rear blocks stacked, no way. There is too much that can go wrong when you stack blocks like that. It doesn't take much for stacked blocks to shift or twist. Seeing that you are going to be hauling/towing, that weight may cause you an issue and leave you stranded on the side of the road.

I only see one block. Looks like he just replaced the 1.25" block with a 2" or 2.25" block. :dunno:

I only see one block. Looks like he just replaced the 1.25" block with a 2" or 2.25" block. :dunno:

That may be true but in the picture it appears there are 2 blocks when looking at it, maybe not? Hopefully he can clear that up or take a picture from a different angle.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

Archived