Strykers_Inc 2014 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L (Vader)

Strykers_Inc

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw those headlights yesterday and boy they look sharp!! Really liked how your blinker looked as you approached Washington at the square.

I was high five'in you when I was turning! Thanks for the comment! They are way brighter than the stock '16 C-shape DRLs aren't they?

I am working on a new set right now (Long Story, I will tell you that I will never have someone touch another set of lights for me again).

I will be selling this set blacked out minus the diode dynamics "C" switchbacks (they will have stock "C"). They have a few flaws in them and a broken tab on each (I figured out a way to mount them with safety wire in place of broken tab - works as normal), but will be fully functional. When I am done building my new ones, these will be sold at a reduced cost.

I am also selling a complete blacked out set of 2014 denali lights with Morimoto halo, Morimoto led switchback turn signals, and dkmoulds smoked corner lenses.

Once I finish these lights they will be going up on the block. First come first serve, best offer gets them. Will post picks and prices.

UPDATE - 161127

This weekend I finally had some time to tackle the retrofit/update/upgrade of my original 2014 Denali Headlights. I blacked-them-out/modified them in the middle of 2014 and just now upgraded to 2016 headlights. I am refinishing these to sell, and they will be available later in December since I will need them when I pull my 2016 Lights to redo them to my standards. These 2014 Denali Headlights are for sale $1000 OBO. The price includes shipping within the lower 48 states, sold as is, and buyer pays Paypal fees unless sent as a friend. They will be sealed and tested here in the next couple weeks. If you have never done a set of headlights before, I will tell you its a lot of work, especially trying to keep them dust and fingerprint free. Switchback turn signals can be easily installed on these (Unlike 2016 lights). I opted to use an orange halogen instead because here in Kansas its required to have an orange up front. I think I accomplished that by keeping the reflector chrome and the reflection looks pretty good. Anyways, if you want these, better hit me up because they will go for $1000!

Here are a few pictures of the update:

Gutted Headlight - DRL Halo Installed with Soldered Connections - Clear Halogen Replaced with Orange Halogen (LED Switchback with Load Resistor can be installed later since it can be done from outside of the headlight)

1_1951_Gutted%20Headlight.jpg

Solder Connections for Halo DRL (Halo will only come on when Truck is in Drive - Will not come on When Headlights are on - This is an SLT/Denali Function Only)

2_1953_Solder_Connections.jpg

Morimoto XB Angel Eyes Halo Installed and Wiring routed (Attached with the strongest 3M Tape and Clear RTV)

3_1955_Morimoto_XB_Angel_Eyes.jpg

Reflectors Installed

4_1960_Reflectors_Installed.jpg

DKMoulds Smoked Corner Lens Test Fit

5_1958_Corner_Lens_Test_Fit.jpg

Headlight Shroud Test Fit #1

6_1961_Bezel_Test_Fit.jpg

Headlight Shroud Test Fit #2

7_1963_Bezel_Test_Fit.jpg

I will post the same kind of pictures when I redo my 2016 Headlights in case inquiring minds want to know the build.

Hit me up for these, they have to go next month!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2014-2015 GMC Sierra Denali headlight package for sale (Blacked out)

OEM Headlights - $1000 shipped

OEM Tail lights - $275 shipped

Morimoto GM XBLED fog lights - $150 shipped

All three as a package - $1300 shipped

• 3 weeks later...

2014-2015 GMC Sierra Denali headlight package for sale (Blacked out)

OEM Headlights - $1000 shipped - SOLD

OEM Tail lights - $275 shipped - SOLD

Morimoto GM XBLED fog lights - $145 shipped

2016 GMC Sierra SLE Headlights - $1100 Shipped

Here are some pictures of the 14 Lights I just sent out to their new owner.......

170130_2014_GMC_Denali_Blackout_1.jpg

170130_2014_GMC_Denali_Blackout_2.jpg

170130_2014_GMC_Denali_Blackout_3.jpg

Morimoto GM XBLED fog lights - SOLD

2016 GMC Sierra SLE Headlights (No Mods made) - $1000 Shipped

Hey, I see that you have the Bridestone Alenza H/L tires. I was considering getting some of those for my truck as summer/spring tires and then my current setup for the snow and ice months. What is your opinion on the Alenzas? Do you like them? Good ride, mileage, and quiet?

Hey, I see that you have the Bridestone Alenza H/L tires. I was considering getting some of those for my truck as summer/spring tires and then my current setup for the snow and ice months. What is your opinion on the Alenzas? Do you like them? Good ride, mileage, and quiet?

All three, excellent tires. The GM versions are actually better as I have both the GM version and the Bridgestone version. There is a cost difference though with the GM versions being a bit more expensive.

Yep....

First off I am going to say that your best bet is to use existing wiring. Its more than enough to get power through. I was "Hard-Headed" and didn't listen to Kyle, because in my "Old-School" car audio ways I have always used 12-14GA. Unless you are sending a "crap-ton" of power to those speakers, factory wiring is more than enough. My rear doors are using existing wiring and have 150@4ohms running to them. The C6's are not rear fill speakers but are actually tied to my front door C8 drivers. They are tuned down via gain overlap so that they are a tad bit quieter (as in a fade) but reach max volume when my C8 drivers due. They are time aligned as well and merely broaden the front stage. They are close enough to the drivers ear that when properly tuned, you cannot tell they are not in the front doors.

My front door speakers have 12GA routed to them through the MOLEX plugs in the door jams. What a pain in the ass that is. Its way more trouble than it is worth in my opinion and I would not do it again. Its a matter of removing them and routing the cable through them via drilling out the unused section of the plug. It is easy to mess up, and once you get the cable through it is difficult to reattach with the added cable.

So, my suggestion is........stay with the factory wiring.

Hope that helps!

Reading this build for the first time. I am one that is OCD and appreciate the work, attention detail, creativity in how you were inspired in the design concepts following the GM design. Well done!

I haven't read the remaining 66 posts but can offer some insight on getting wiring from the body into the door.

On the Driver/Passenger door hinge connectors (X500/X600), there are unused slots that you could essentially load additional circuits (if you need to deliver additional circuits).

I needed to deliver an "Accessory Voltage" Circuit to the driver's side door panel.

I ordered the factory terminals (pins) and crimped them on to to both sides.

55ccd7212a5918c06a3f2e4a40b6372d.jpg

0d51893ac1dcaa0f87f63c4579ef66cf.jpg

be9e2831866c0a253a3861ff0e60f481.jpg

I also make customized harnesses for us LT/SLE owners that want to upgrade to DL3 Mirrors and make them "Plug and Play". Using the same concepts.

Part # 962943-2

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-AMP/962943-2/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvt1VFuCspEMiQest0Oh7hf

Part # 964265-2

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/964265-2/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduj2%2fDsvGiQbqw%252bQUKvEUCeqn4blPVwnYOI%3d

Hope this helps and if it is relevant to your stage and progress.

I got happy when I saw Dallas, but got bummed when you cleared that up.

Beautiful truck! Immaculate work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading this build for the first time. I am one that is OCD and appreciate the work, attention detail, creativity in how you were inspired in the design concepts following the GM design. Well done!

I haven't read the remaining 66 posts but can offer some insight on getting wiring from the body into the door.

On the Driver/Passenger door hinge connectors (X500/X600), there are unused slots that you could essentially load additional circuits (if you need to deliver additional circuits).

I needed to deliver an "Accessory Voltage" Circuit to the driver's side door panel.

I ordered the factory terminals (pins) and crimped them on to to both sides. 55ccd7212a5918c06a3f2e4a40b6372d.jpg0d51893ac1dcaa0f87f63c4579ef66cf.jpgbe9e2831866c0a253a3861ff0e60f481.jpg

I also make customized harnesses for us LT/SLE owners that want to upgrade to DL3 Mirrors and make them "Plug and Play". Using the same concepts.

Part # 962943-2http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-AMP/962943-2/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvt1VFuCspEMiQest0Oh7hf

Part # 964265-2http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity/964265-2/?qs=%2fha2pyFaduj2%2fDsvGiQbqw%2bQUKvEUCeqn4blPVwnYOI%3d

Hope this helps and if it is relevant to your stage and progress.

I got happy when I saw Dallas, but got bummed when you cleared that up.

Beautiful truck! Immaculate work!

Where the hell were you a year ago????

If I were to do it again I would definitely go your route. Excellent work bud!

Where the hell were you a year ago????

If I were to do it again I would definitely go your route. Excellent work bud!

LOL - Not a Silverado owner then :). After getting my truck in June 2016, I spent the next 6 months of painful research harvesting the factory wires/pins from a donor harness to make this as factory as possible. I'm like you in the meticulous processes in everything that goes in the truck.

Through that research, I was able to locate the terminals for those want to follow suit. I also figured out the painful tribulations that came with upgrading these stinkin mirrors. GM didn't make it easy for sure but have determination and will, eventually figured it out. When I hear "that can't be done" it just reminds me of the movie Armageddon, when they told the President "it can't be done". And then stood up off his wheelchair and said "don't ever tell me it can't be done!" [emoji23][emoji23]

• 3 weeks later...

Morimoto GM XBLED fog lights - SOLD

2016 GMC Sierra SLE Headlights (No Mods made) - $1000 Shipped

16 Lights still available.

Archived