A good loud exhaust will have plenty of drone and sound aggressive. The drone means you can hear the exhaust all the time like you should. It shouldnt be quiet sometimes and loud others. That doesnt make any sense.

Lol.... That's it... I'm dumber now

I have these on my camaro as it was unbearable for the wife at about 300-400 rpm range. Jpipes solved the issue without losing the tone of the exhaust. Can use them on any vehicle as they are adjustable

300-400?? Did you mean 3000-4000?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

300-400?? Did you mean 3000-4000?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

No, i forget what the rpm rsnge was now since it's been about two years since installing them. Just remember there was a range of about 300-400 rpm that it would hit. Was around 72mph it would start since it was really on the interstate where it was an issue

BVONSCOTT must have a hydrostatic transmission and no change in RPMs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys need to stop talking to me like I am stupid. I am the type of guy that does not hold back and I will say exactly what is on my mind, even if it makes no sense to you.

I dont have any "drone" or resonant frequencies that bother me in the sense you people are complaining about, but I can definitaly always hear my exhaust. Especially since I put electric cutouts on. It is loud and aggressive.

You guys need to stop talking to me like I am stupid. I am the type of guy that does not hold back and I will say exactly what is on my mind, even if it makes no sense to you.

I dont have any "drone" or resonant frequencies that bother me in the sense you people are complaining about, but I can definitaly always hear my exhaust. Especially since I put electric cutouts on. It is loud and aggressive.

Any exhaust is quieter at low RPMs and louder at higher RPMs, you need to prof read.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh for crying out loud F'N forget it then.

LOL.....No need to get upset.

You say what's on your mind, (we get it) even when you're totally wrong and don't understand how an exhaust system works!

You are correct when you said "even if it doesn't make sense to you" that's for sure.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

LOL.....No need to get upset.

You say what's on your mind, (we get it) even when you're totally wrong and don't understand how an exhaust system works!

You are correct when you said "even if it doesn't make sense to you" that's for sure.

using Tapatalk

Ya no, I do know how it works. But I do think the whole "drone" thing so many people are trying to avoid is silly. Especially since putting an aftermarket exhaust on, is somehow supposed to magically be quiet when you want, then louder sometimes, but not create any resonance, and not piss off the wife, and not make anybody upset. Lol. I just don't get all the fuss. Does everyone have super sensitive hearing or something? I have had performance exhausts on all my vehicles for the last 20 years and have yet to have any "drone".

Lets put it this way. Im not trying to be mean or anything. I just love the sound of old muscle cars with no mufflers just screaming down the road. When you jam that pedal to the floor and you can hear and feel the natural sound of a badass GM Smallblock V8. My goal is to have the loudest exhaust I can get. But that is me. If someone wants a quieter exhaust, go for it. But I see alot of guys compromising to try and find their ideal sound without any drone and it has been hit or miss from what I've seen, because its hard to control what will happen once that exhaust is there. Which leads to guys swapping exhausts to find one that has no drone. Whats the point. Just go for it and don't look back. Let that engine been heard.

"BVONSCOTT",

I know exactly what you mean about the sound of a GM small block. I race dirt modified cars and absolutely love the sound of my GM 350 (358) engine. I wish I could have my trucks both sound like my race car. Long tube headers with short Borla mufflers, great sound! Nothing beats the sound after that engine starts. The dirt big blocks are even better but I can't afford one of those, a $20,000 engine is not in my hobby/toys budget.

This "droan" people complain about is basically terrible echoing inside the cab and you can't hear anything but that sound, it's terrible. It's not really the actual exhaust sound you are hearing, it's just a terrible annoying "droan". The exhaust on the outside of the truck sounds the same all the time, that's not what you hear in the cab with this issue.

Some exhaust systems do it and some don't. You can have a good, strong rumbling exhaust without the droan. Both my truck exhausts sound good, Borla & MBRP and neither produce that aweful droan inside the cab.

The best example I can give you is it sounds like one of those little Honda Civics that you see with the giant muffler and the 8" tailpipe! They way those things sound, it's like that inside the truck cab, horrible!

using Tapatalk

"BVONSCOTT",

I know exactly what you mean about the sound of a GM small block. I race dirt modified cars and absolutely love the sound of my GM 350 (358) engine. I wish I could have my trucks both sound like my race car. Long tube headers with short Borla mufflers, great sound! Nothing beats the sound after that engine starts. The dirt big blocks are even better but I can't afford one of those, a $20,000 engine is not in my hobby/toys budget.

This "droan" people complain about is basically terrible echoing inside the cab and you can't hear anything but that sound, it's terrible. It's not really the actual exhaust sound you are hearing, it's just a terrible annoying "droan". The exhaust on the outside of the truck sounds the same all the time, that's not what you hear in the cab with this issue.

Some exhaust systems do it and some don't. You can have a good, strong rumbling exhaust without the droan. Both my truck exhausts sound good, Borla & MBRP and neither produce that aweful droan inside the cab.

The best example I can give you is it sounds like one of those little Honda Civics that you see with the giant muffler and the 8" tailpipe! They way those things sound, it's like that inside the truck cab, horrible!

using Tapatalk

I hear ya. I just dont hear it with mine lol. I am going to look under my truck later and see what else I can take out or change without affecting any sensors

Archived