Body lift & towing ?

For all of those who has a body lift, with the hitch spacers due you lose any amount of towing weight?   I know once you lift the truck you cant use the bumber anymore for towing.

I use my truck to pull our camper,horse trailer, and a 6x12 at times.

If the body lift will lower my overall towing capacity, then I'll have to look into a suspension lift, and not a body lift.

Thanks for any information!!

:cool:

For all of those who has a body lift, with the hitch spacers due you lose any amount of towing weight?   I know once you lift the truck you cant use the bumber anymore for towing.

Even with no lift I wouldn't use the bumper to haul/tow anything.  The ONLY thing you can't do when you have a BODY lift installed it tow a 5th wheel trailer (the ones that hook into the truck bed).  No loss for me because I don't even own one (nor do I even want one).  Always use an after market hitch.  At least for the 1500.  I don't know about the HD's.  One thing I though was wierd is that I called 4wheel parts for a price on the body lift and they would not install it after the suspension lift.  I just called to do a price compair but that was wierd. :D   Good luck! :cool:

Archived