OEM WeatherTech mats...why not?

I've always wondered, as good as the WeatherTech mats are and the following they have, why wouldn't GM or one of the other truck manufacturers strike a deal with WeatherTech to supply them as an option on new trucks (or maybe even standard)? Personally I think that would be a huge selling point for any manufacturer. I know that's always the first thing I buy for ANY vehicle and definitely a truck.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just another mark up the truck will incur. Also it will make people start wondering why they don't just bring back vinyl floors and not worry about carpet at all.

Exactly. My Denali has carpet mats which are impractical, since I am a landscaper.

But they are nice when they are clean! Trucks have come a long way.

Most people i know don't care enough about their vehicles to use anything better than the OEM carpet mats. I had never gotten anything better before my Sierra.

Most people i know don't care enough about their vehicles to use anything better than the OEM carpet mats. I had never gotten anything better before my Sierra.

I don't think we've met. Hi.

I just get the truck washed when it's dirty. That works too.

Habs, Why do you say WeatherTech is garbage?

They slide around on the passenger side and when they get wet, your feet slip all over the place. Dangerous when you're driving and entering/exiting the truck. Huskys have the little spikes on the bottom that dig into the carpet. The Huskys have a lip on the edge so water/salt/dirt doesn't run off and onto your carpet and door sill, which would cause rust. WeatherTechs are actually DESIGNED to have the water do this which doesn't make sense... over on silveradosierra.com there's a member who did a comparison of the two. His door sills were completely rotted from his WeaterTechs. I had the Techs on my car and they were great! But for our 2014+ GMs, they just didn't design them very well.

WeatherTech's are designed to hold the water just like the Husky's are. I have yet to own WeatherTechs that were garbage and I've owned them for 6 different vehicles ranging from a Mercedes sedan to a Sienna Mini Van.

I had a WeatherTech in my truck for a solid 2 hours. It was far from a perfect fit, was warped and didn't look good at all. Now, it was very functional. But for the price paid, they should fit perfectly within sills and everything. I'm back to the carpet mats, will probably go to OEM rubber at some point.

The Husky's are a better fit in the 2014/2015 1500's. I did a comparison back in late 2013, and it was clearly obvious which ones for better.

Weather Tech makes some good products, but really dropped the ball on the new trucks,IMO.

Archived