K-Slo's '15 Sierra SLE - FF POV

Kyle Soldani

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent job!

Thanks! Taking a bit of a break, since you're just down the road you've experienced our lovely temps lately - haven't been real enthused about working on this thing in the sun.

Just got a call from the freight company, sounds like the brush guard will be here tomorrow so I'll work on getting that on. Highs only in the 80s tomorrow so that might be the evening to get a good chunk of work done.

Yep Yep....I didnt get anything done this weekend....other than going out and hosing my dog down so he doesnt have a stroke! It just didnt seem to be work on the truck time this weekend.

Alright sorry for the tardiness over the last week, high temps and such didn't exactly prove to be a great motivator. Haven't accomplished too much as I'm awaiting the console and was waiting on LED installs until the brush guard was on to make sure I wouldn't block them.

Items remaining so the truck can be 'in service' and able to respond to calls:

• Grille LED heads mounted/wired
  • Intersection LED heads mounted/wired
  • Console installed and wired
  • Rear license plate LED heads mounted/wired
  • Rear step LED heads mounted/wired
  • Wire speakers
  • Wire LED bar
  • Wire LED off-road lights with wig-wag flasher

As for what I accomplished since you last saw, here's the update video.

Kohree LED Lights: http://www.amazon.com/Kohree%C2%AE-Driving-Fishing-Excavator-Engineering/dp/B00QM0D8K6/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1435418679&sr=8-7&keywords=kohree+led

DashMat custom cover: http://www.amazon.com/DashMat-SuedeMat-Dashboard-Chevrolet-Faux-Suede/dp/B0048FOX60/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435418713&sr=8-1&keywords=sierra+dashmat+smoke+suede

ProZ Grille Guard: http://www.autoanything.com/grille-guards/proz-premium-grille-guards

Hmmm that must be going around, I haven't wanted to do much outside either!

I'm interested in those round LED lights, would you recommend them for off-highway country driving? My brights hit reflectors a mile off very easily, but I'm always looking for more output.

Hmmm that must be going around, I haven't wanted to do much outside either!

I'm interested in those round LED lights, would you recommend them for off-highway country driving? My brights hit reflectors a mile off very easily, but I'm always looking for more output.

Absolutely - that's exactly their purpose with me. I really like having that long distance piercing light for two-lane country driving, they are perfect for that.

Edit: There's a lot of options out there but just be aware the 30 degree "spot" beam lights are really not that 'spotty', if you will. These specifically have a 10 degree beam which really reaches out, that bar I have is a 30 degree so it provides a good broad light up close making for a good blend. Kind of depends what you're looking for but these will definitely reach a ways out if that's indeed what you're looking for. Once I actually get these all connected I'll get some pictures with comparisons so you can see the differences and maybe that'll help you decide. Can't recommend them enough though!

Yep looks good!

Thanks!

Okay, now that I am friggin blind! Looks good!

Haha thanks! It's a lot of light as it sits right now, once I'm finished there will be three modes for lighting so the truck isn't blinding on scene. I put effort into having 'intelligent' lighting (not really) but anytime I can dim a light or disable a light that is too bright for night, I enable those functions. Isn't worth blinding drivers, defeats the purpose of me having these for safety.

Anywho, here's the update video from today.

Completed all under-hood wiring, wired up siren speakers, wired LED off-road lights and LED bar, integrated LED lights with high-beam trigger.

For note purposes to Strykers_Inc especially (since you mentioned getting an LED bar). I tapped the wiring at the drivers side headlight connector, purple is the parking lamp and white is the high beam. Should you end up with an LED bar it wouldn't be hard to tap that white wire and have your bar integrated with the high-beams for a much easier use.

Once this entire setup is done I'll get some high quality pictures taken. I'll be in a holding pattern until that Havis console arrives.

When I get to that point you will have to come down and help or vice versa. In the middle of acquiring my car audio components and custom built pieces. So the lightbar is on hold.

I like the bussbar circuit breakers as well near the battery, beyond that needs to be fused IMO. Part of my audio build is a twin battery isolated setup.

Looking great so far, good info.

When I get to that point you will have to come down and help or vice versa. In the middle of acquiring my car audio components and custom built pieces. So the lightbar is on hold.

I like the bussbar circuit breakers as well near the battery, beyond that needs to be fused IMO. Part of my audio build is a twin battery isolated setup.

Looking great so far, good info.

Yep, can definitely lend a hand.

Agreed. Those are just initial power to the fused distribution blocks which will be in the console. All lines running out of the siren/light controller will also be fused so I'll be double for everything.

I'll be following your audio install. That'll be my next undertaking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Just a quick status update so folks don't think I abandoned this thread. The wait for console arrival continues, it was supposed to have shipped today and hopefully it did. Once the console is in I can really finalize everything. For the time being I have a Tonneau cover on, have a headache rack which will serve as a mount to the full size LED bar and that's where we stand. Hopeful to have some significant updates if not being finished within the coming week!

Archived