Considering a trade

I found a 2015 Silverado 2500 at one of my local dealers with 182 miles they are selling this truck used it is a double cab with duramax engine lt model they are asking 44,500 is this a fair price

They couldn't give me a straight answer on if it had been titled or not

I find that really hard to believe, they should be able to find out or know if it had been titled. When I worked at the local dealership we had a '14 Impala that had over 4,000 miles on it and they knew that it hadn't been titled before.

All they would have to do is see if the warranty had been activated. It's like how mine was activated with 9 miles on the odometer so that's when the warranty mileage started. If it had been titled then it would have been activated and started at whatever mileage was on the truck when titled. Plus don't you think they would know if the truck was a trade-in or a dealer demo when they got it? They must think people are stupid. Seems sketchy where they don't want you to know the truth. It may have been titled and had problems so the owner got rid of it.

At that price and mileage, it would sure be worth investigating and considering a buy. Grab the VIN off of it and go to another dealer and have them check to see if warranty activated. Sure someone could chime in and give a link where a person might be able to check online themselves.

The 182 miles on it was a result of a dealer trade. Warranty was activated at 318 miles.

I'd be worried as to why somebody traded it in with only 318 miles on it. Maybe they just didn't like it, or maybe it's a lemon. I'd check it out and test drive it thoroughly.

I would just buy it. ... someone is going to win with this truck

...or someone is going to lose tens of thousands of dollars on a truck that can't be fixed.

Archived