Opt7 led lights

I got some opt7 led headlights. First off they're 9006 which i know will fit with some trimming. My problem is there is no grommet to seal on the dust cover. Do I need the dust cover on there? It says in the instructions that it needs airflow.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got some opt7 led headlights. First off they're 9006 which i know will fit with some trimming. My problem is there is no grommet to seal on the dust cover. Do I need the dust cover on there? It says in the instructions that it needs airflow.

You need to cap it or the humidity is going to kill the electronics in your headlight. there is a cutoff shutter for highbeam might seize to move if it is clogged or rusted.

Why did you need the grommet? did you drill a hole through the cap?

I havent drilled it yet. But i would have to drill probably a 7/8" hole to fit the connecter through. I'll have to take a picture.

I thought it is plug and play not needing to drill any holes for any wiring harness....

Heres the harness. I would either have to drill a hole or stuff the hole thing under the cap. It also says in the instructions that it need good airflow, so use without the dust cover. I dont know, maybe I should just return them.

post-137286-0-43918300-1434755284_thumb.jpg

Heres the harness. I would either have to drill a hole or stuff the hole thing under the cap. It also says in the instructions that it need good airflow, so use without the dust cover. I dont know, maybe I should just return them.

Should be fine if you stuff everything under the cap. There is a lot of hollow space in the headlight actually if you have seen it opened. There should be enough air volume to be cooled off with the entire surface of the headlights.

Tried the out last night. Theyre ok, cant say im totaly pleased but they seem to be better than stock. I was so tired driving that maybe I didnt really notice the change. I also use my 30" lightbar alot so im probably so used to the super bright light.

Tried the out last night. Theyre ok, cant say im totaly pleased but they seem to be better than stock. I was so tired driving that maybe I didnt really notice the change. I also use my 30" lightbar alot so im probably so used to the super bright light.

I'm running 55W 5k Opt7 HIDs and you can definitely see the difference. I get flashed even during the light of day by drivers on the other side. Been running them for 8 months now without issues.

Are you running a 180w or 300w light bar?

I'm running 55W 5k Opt7 HIDs and you can definitely see the difference. I get flashed even during the light of day by drivers on the other side. Been running them for 8 months now without issues.

Are you running a 180w or 300w light bar?

Did you adjust your cut off?? I kept getting flashed with my 55w until I lowered them. No flashes for months now

Did you adjust your cut off?? I kept getting flashed with my 55w until I lowered them. No flashes for months now

Sure did. Twice actually. I wish I had a pic during night time ... At times I feel like it's just too low now. Only have a 2.5 RC leveling kit on

Archived