Detailed my Rainforest Green 2500 with Pictures

Spent the weekend doing a detail... here's what I did:

Wash and dry, two bucket method

Decontamination: Tar-X and Iron-X followed by a rinse. Vehicle didn't show too much metal or tar contamination in paint, but I did this just in case.

Pinnacle Clay Bar (clayed everything, including windows and chrome bits)

Klasse AIO Sealant (applied on all metal and chrome/trim)

Meguiars Window Cleaner

Adams VRT on tires and rubber bits

The hardest part was being unable to work in the shade or in a garage due to the vehicle's size. I had to do smaller portions and work more quickly with applying and removing certain products to avoid the sun drying out the clay lubricant and sealant.

I really like how the Klasse sealant worked. Unfortunately, it already rained some (once again, can't fit this thing in a garage!), but the rain left no water spots and simply beaded off the truck, so it's definitely working correctly. I'll probably wash the truck again in a week or two and apply another layer.

The fuzzy fender liners hold grass and straw, but not dirt. Some high pressure water seems to do the trick. The factory wheel weights are prone to weeping rust-colored water. Detailing the roof is a pain; I either stood in the bed for the back half or stood with my foot inside the truck, one hand holding the grab handle, and the other detailing the roof. I don't think a step ladder would help, as it would have to be positioned further away and would reduce your reach. The grooves around the rear window hold water and are hard to dry out.

...and the results:

gallery_128418_2520_151832.jpg

gallery_128418_2520_508629.jpg

gallery_128418_2520_528757.jpg

gallery_128418_2520_883074.jpg

gallery_128418_2520_836351.jpg

gallery_128418_2520_296784.jpg

gallery_128418_2520_171455.jpg

And a little fun...

gallery_128418_2520_123244.jpg

Thanks everyone - I'm loving the green as well.

Very nice looking truck, how long will it stay like that?!!!

No idea - first time using Klasse AIO. I did not use the Klasse Sealant Glaze due to time. The truck was rained on, but the rain left no water spots; however, it did pick up some dirt from driving on the wet roads. We'll see if it looks as good after just a simple wash in a week or two.

Took 3 hours.

For those asking how it held up, here are some pictures after a few hundred miles a few weeks (we've had probably 7 days worth of rain, so this includes driving on dirty roads in the rain at least 3 or 4 times). The water has beaded nicely on the paint and glass and left only a few water spots; the main trouble area again is the stream of water that drips from the rearview mirror fixture and leaves a water spot streak. The Adams VRT tire dressing didn't hold up very well, but I only applied one thin coat. The tires still look clean and black, but they lost their shine and depth.

These are cell phone shots so the quality isn't as good as the photos in the original post. The close-up photo has a reflection of a tree, while the other areas are direct sunlight and look lighter:

gallery_128418_2520_120202.jpg

gallery_128418_2520_500550.jpg

gallery_128418_2520_337834.jpg

The fuzzy fender liners hold grass and straw, but not dirt. Some high pressure water seems to do the trick. The factory wheel weights are prone to weeping rust-colored water. Detailing the roof is a pain; I either stood in the bed for the back half or stood with my foot inside the truck, one hand holding the grab handle, and the other detailing the roof. I don't think a step ladder would help, as it would have to be positioned further away and would reduce your reach. The grooves around the rear window hold water and are hard to dry out.

My liners hold pine needles and high pressure won't remove all them (just some). PITA...

I'm 6' and use a small three step stool/ladder to reach the middle of the roof and center of the windshield and upper hood.

Archived