2015 Silverado LT Vibration

MA - SILVERADO. What part of ma are you located? Im awaiting a call from the dealership next week. Supposivly they have to open a technical case with gm . Bunch of BS. As i have a case already open and the senior advisor is damn near impossible to get back intouch with,Been in 3 different times for the same issue, 1st they said tires were out of balance. 2nd they replaced 1 tire and aligned vehicle 3rd time they replaced all 4 tires. Im still getting vibrations 72-76 mph i set cruise and here it comes,as i watch my passenger seat shake vigorously! Sad to say the truck is under the lemon laws so we will see what happens. Loved my duramax until about 3500 miles, this vibration ruined it for me, bunch of monkeys working on my 63335 msrp truck.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update,

Hope all of you had a great a 4th! Here is the latest from the dealership.

Replace the original driveshaft with another BAD driveshaft and BAD tire. When driving, the vibration is still noticeable but not as bad from what the dealership has noticed. So, they have ordered another driveshaft and tire but cannot rule out a backend issue. Honestly I have no idea what a backend issue really means nor do I believe the dealership does either. I cannot get a date/time on when the new parts will arrive other than we will call you. This is the second week they have had the truck and I’m starting to lose patience and confidence they will get this resolved. Will update once they replaced the parts again.

@15dmax978 - MA are my initials. This is ridiculous and GM needs to standby their products and initiate a recall. I bet a lot of other people are having the exact same issue across all truck models and don’t realize this is not normal as some dealerships are trying to say it is. This is incorrect and misleading information!

Guess the truck is a short bed?

This would mean it has a one piece drive shaft vs the long bed two piece.

There are literally 1000's of these GM trucks with vibration issues, the fully boxed frames are very tight and transfer all the vibration right into the cab, some have installed quality tires themselfs and it has fixed the problem, seems lots of junk Goodyear's put on at the factory.

Update,

Received a call from the dealership that the driveshaft and tire have been replaced and it seems the issue is gone. Service manager and tech working on the truck assured me they test drove it and they did not feel the vibration. Excitingly I dropped everything I was doing and b-lined to the dealership. Well sure enough the issue has NOT been resolved and at 62mph the vibration starts. I looked over at the service manager who was in the truck with me and asked him if they really test drove the truck. Driving down the highway the service manager noticed the vibration in the steering wheel and throughout the cabin. After the service manager acknowledged the vibration issue has not been resolved we returned to the dealership. I asked what was next and their response was “well, we will hook it up the computer again and see”. Clearly they have no idea what is causing this issue and in my opinion they will not be able to fix this issue. I have not been without a truck going on two weeks and every time I ask for a loner truck, it’s out. I am stuck with a loner Equinox at this time.

I called GM customer care and opened a claim. I explaining the issue to the service rep and she had the guts to say that this maybe a characteristic of the truck. I told her that was preposterous, misleading and false advertising. I told her that if this was a characteristic then the vibration should have been listed on the sticker of truck as a feature that the truck may vibrate around 60-75mph. I told her that if I knew of this feature I would not have purchased the truck. Customer care rep asked what I wanted. I told her I wanted my money back. She claims they are not sure if they can do that. I tell her, GM can sell a defective truck but can’t take back a defective truck; there should be a law for this. I asked her what their interpretation of the lemon was and she said I don’t know and we don’t have any lawyer’s for this information. I am now waiting for call back from a manager at the dealership on what my options are.

Also, service manager told me that the Colorado’s have an open bulletin on a vibration issue caused by a software issue. To resolve it, an update to the truck’s software has to be updated. Asked if the Silverado has the software issue and he said no.

MA - SILVERADO. What part of ma are you located? Im awaiting a call from the dealership next week. Supposivly they have to open a technical case with gm . Bunch of BS. As i have a case already open and the senior advisor is damn near impossible to get back intouch with,Been in 3 different times for the same issue, 1st they said tires were out of balance. 2nd they replaced 1 tire and aligned vehicle 3rd time they replaced all 4 tires. Im still getting vibrations 72-76 mph i set cruise and here it comes,as i watch my passenger seat shake vigorously! Sad to say the truck is under the lemon laws so we will see what happens. Loved my duramax until about 3500 miles, this vibration ruined it for me, bunch of monkeys working on my 63335 msrp truck.

hey 15dmax978,

I'm from the South Shore, bought my truck two weeks ago now and have 400 miles on it. I have both the vibration (from the cylinder deactivation) and very very slight, almost not noticeable at other times.... except idle. I've already had it at the dealer and they said everyone is complaining about the same thing, and there is nothing they can do. Im also lucky enough to have the radio issue where the audio fades in and out... again the dealer "doesnt hear it" so there isn't anthing they can do.

Update,

Received a call from the dealership that the driveshaft and tire have been replaced and it seems the issue is gone. Service manager and tech working on the truck assured me they test drove it and they did not feel the vibration. Excitingly I dropped everything I was doing and b-lined to the dealership. Well sure enough the issue has NOT been resolved and at 62mph the vibration starts. I looked over at the service manager who was in the truck with me and asked him if they really test drove the truck. Driving down the highway the service manager noticed the vibration in the steering wheel and throughout the cabin. After the service manager acknowledged the vibration issue has not been resolved we returned to the dealership. I asked what was next and their response was “well, we will hook it up the computer again and see”. Clearly they have no idea what is causing this issue and in my opinion they will not be able to fix this issue. I have not been without a truck going on two weeks and every time I ask for a loner truck, it’s out. I am stuck with a loner Equinox at this time.

I called GM customer care and opened a claim. I explaining the issue to the service rep and she had the guts to say that this maybe a characteristic of the truck. I told her that was preposterous, misleading and false advertising. I told her that if this was a characteristic then the vibration should have been listed on the sticker of truck as a feature that the truck may vibrate around 60-75mph. I told her that if I knew of this feature I would not have purchased the truck. Customer care rep asked what I wanted. I told her I wanted my money back. She claims they are not sure if they can do that. I tell her, GM can sell a defective truck but can’t take back a defective truck; there should be a law for this. I asked her what their interpretation of the lemon was and she said I don’t know and we don’t have any lawyer’s for this information. I am now waiting for call back from a manager at the dealership on what my options are.

Also, service manager told me that the Colorado’s have an open bulletin on a vibration issue caused by a software issue. To resolve it, an update to the truck’s software has to be updated. Asked if the Silverado has the software issue and he said no.

hey MA - Silverado,

if you can, watch to see whether the truck is in 4 or 6 cylinder mode, and switching, thats when the vibration on mine is the most prominent, and it is worse at highway speeds than when doing "around town driving" the 4 cylinder mode has more shaking than the 6. I can also tell you that it almost certainly isnt the tires because I have 22" Bridgestones on my truck, and I have the same thing. A better tire may help the ride, but probably won't end up helping the shaking.

Update,

GM tech has been on site working on the truck for the past two and half days and cannot find the problem (truck has been at the dealers since July 1st). Issue has been escalated to the next tier support and another twelve to twenty four hours of waiting. I get the excuse of “we have to follow a process” but no one can tell me how long this process can last, just another 24hours of waiting and then another and another and so on. I’ll update the post once I get more info.

Here is the Attorneys firm that I was going to use, until GM offered me the new 2015. Of course, I may still need them myself for the same issue.

http://www.lemonlaw.com/

Kimmel and Silverman: Attorneys at law.

Hope this is helpful.

have you actually talked to them or did you just find them? I curious about how they actually act and approach potential clients with this issue

GM repurchased my 2014 Silverado LTZ for the vibration issue. It was a very, very painful experience. First they wanted to replace it but I could not find another vehicle with the same MSRP. I had a 0% loan and wanted to do a colateral substitute and not refinance and I also didn't want to give GM another dime. I found a GM Sierra the same options as my truck but it was $4k different and GM wouldn't make the switch. I even tried to build a new vehicle with the same options as mine and the MSRP was more. I also went to the dealership and drove 7 GM trucks (Silverado's and Sierras) 5 of the 7 had the vibration issue.

Well long story short they made me an offer to buy back my vehicle and screwed me out of $4700 on my trade in. They gave me a bunch of bullsh!t about the trade in $ being funny money. Well I took the offer and am now drivin=vg a 2015 RAM 1500 larimie and have been very happy with it.

BTW... the dealer gave me a copy of all the paperwork they received from GM and it states in the paperworg " Reason for repurchase - Transmission Vibration"

I have never felt so victimized in my life as I have been with GM. I have owned 16 GM vehicles in my life and I will never buy another one.

GM repurchased my 2014 Silverado LTZ for the vibration issue. It was a very, very painful experience. First they wanted to replace it but I could not find another vehicle with the same MSRP. I had a 0% loan and wanted to do a colateral substitute and not refinance and I also didn't want to give GM another dime. I found a GM Sierra the same options as my truck but it was $4k different and GM wouldn't make the switch. I even tried to build a new vehicle with the same options as mine and the MSRP was more. I also went to the dealership and drove 7 GM trucks (Silverado's and Sierras) 5 of the 7 had the vibration issue.

Well long story short they made me an offer to buy back my vehicle and screwed me out of $4700 on my trade in. They gave me a bunch of bullsh!t about the trade in $ being funny money. Well I took the offer and am now drivin=vg a 2015 RAM 1500 larimie and have been very happy with it.

BTW... the dealer gave me a copy of all the paperwork they received from GM and it states in the paperworg " Reason for repurchase - Transmission Vibration"

I have never felt so victimized in my life as I have been with GM. I have owned 16 GM vehicles in my life and I will never buy another one.

congrats on getting rid of your lemon, when did the buy back happen? how did they screw you on the money from your trade exactly? under lemon law they legally have to give you that money regardless of whether or not they want to call it "funny money". Which engine did you get? I have been considering getting rid of mine in favor of the Ram Larimie Ecodiesel.... or a F-150 Lariat with the 2.7.... still not entirely sure which one, I like the speed and hp capability of the ford, but I like the torque and fuel economy of the ED.

When I first joined this forum, I was complaining about the AFM Vibration, and radio reception/ audio loss issues. This past week, I have stated noticing a vibration when accelerating on the highway aswell as a vibration when cruising at 45-55 MPH. I cofirmed these vibrations by going to a recently paved section and testing it there, the roads that I first noticed these vibrations wasnt the best stretch of road. After seeing how they handle this kind of stuff, they will probably call it the "smooth road shake" as others have posted about.

congrats on getting rid of your lemon, when did the buy back happen? how did they screw you on the money from your trade exactly? under lemon law they legally have to give you that money regardless of whether or not they want to call it "funny money". Which engine did you get? I have been considering getting rid of mine in favor of the Ram Larimie Ecodiesel.... or a F-150 Lariat with the 2.7.... still not entirely sure which one, I like the speed and hp capability of the ford, but I like the torque and fuel economy of the ED.

When I first joined this forum, I was complaining about the AFM Vibration, and radio reception/ audio loss issues. This past week, I have stated noticing a vibration when accelerating on the highway aswell as a vibration when cruising at 45-55 MPH. I cofirmed these vibrations by going to a recently paved section and testing it there, the roads that I first noticed these vibrations wasnt the best stretch of road. After seeing how they handle this kind of stuff, they will probably call it the "smooth road shake" as others have posted about.

The dealer gave me $20k for my trade in. I owed $15,300 on it so I had $4,700 equity. GM stated that the $4,700 was funny money and not actual $. They also charged me a usge fee (actual mileage when first reported/100,000 miles x purchase price) which in my case came to $2900. I fought with them for over 4 months with this and it was not pleasant at all. Both GM and the dealership treated me like I was their enemy instead of a loyal customer. I will be sending Mary Barra a nice letter regarding my experience and will also be posting it on every forum I can find.

I got the 5.7 Hemi and the torque seems to be a lot better than the Silverado. I looked at the diesel but didn't want to pay the extra $4k for it. I also looked at the F150 and didn't like anything about it.

The dealer gave me $20k for my trade in. I owed $15,300 on it so I had $4,700 equity. GM stated that the $4,700 was funny money and not actual $. They also charged me a usge fee (actual mileage when first reported/100,000 miles x purchase price) which in my case came to $2900. I fought with them for over 4 months with this and it was not pleasant at all. Both GM and the dealership treated me like I was their enemy instead of a loyal customer. I will be sending Mary Barra a nice letter regarding my experience and will also be posting it on every forum I can find.

I got the 5.7 Hemi and the torque seems to be a lot better than the Silverado. I looked at the diesel but didn't want to pay the extra $4k for it. I also looked at the F150 and didn't like anything about it.

ohh ok, so they took the usage fee out of what they gave you for the trade, that makes more sense then. you still got the purchase price back plus what you had in trade, then they just deducted the "usage" from your final total. where they take it from doesn't really matter, they get to do it one way or another, they just chose to do it from the trade value.

I do like the HEMI, but my only issue with it is the fuel economy, thats why I went with the smaller engines, I don't do much towing, but I am in stop & go traffic in to and out of Boston, on one of the worst highways in the country every day.

Glad you like the Ram, but what set you off from the Ford?, I hant test driven one of the new ones, but did feel that the older 2012-2014 models were a little "commercial" and rode too stiff for a personal truck.

ohh ok, so they took the usage fee out of what they gave you for the trade, that makes more sense then. you still got the purchase price back plus what you had in trade, then they just deducted the "usage" from your final total. where they take it from doesn't really matter, they get to do it one way or another, they just chose to do it from the trade value.

I do like the HEMI, but my only issue with it is the fuel economy, thats why I went with the smaller engines, I don't do much towing, but I am in stop & go traffic in to and out of Boston, on one of the worst highways in the country every day.

Glad you like the Ram, but what set you off from the Ford?, I hant test driven one of the new ones, but did feel that the older 2012-2014 models were a little "commercial" and rode too stiff for a personal truck.

No, actually they hit me with both the usage fee and my trade in.

The Ford 150 was the least comfortable of the Ram and GM. It also didn't have the power and I didn't like the interior. It was way over priced and the dealers didn't want to negotiate.

No, actually they hit me with both the usage fee and my trade in.

The Ford 150 was the least comfortable of the Ram and GM. It also didn't have the power and I didn't like the interior. It was way over priced and the dealers didn't want to negotiate.

hmm thats odd. I didn't think that was even legal, did you use an attorney? I have noticed that most ford dealers don't negotiate much if at all. sorry you had to deal with this, atleast we know how the process went so we can prepare ourselves now though. gotta look on the bright side right? Do you actually like the ram more than you did the Silverado?

hmm thats odd. I didn't think that was even legal, did you use an attorney? I have noticed that most ford dealers don't negotiate much if at all. sorry you had to deal with this, atleast we know how the process went so we can prepare ourselves now though. gotta look on the bright side right? Do you actually like the ram more than you did the Silverado?

I'm glad it's all over now and I actually do like the Ram more than the Silverado. The uconnect system is really nice compared to the lame My Link. The NAV works great with voice control. It sits higher than the Silverado but not too high that it won't fit in my garage. I also think the interior looks better and the seats are more comfortable.

Good luck with GM, I hope it goes well for you.

Archived