2015 Silverado LT Vibration

have you actually talked to them or did you just find them? I curious about how they actually act and approach potential clients with this issue

I spoke with them directly and they were VERY helpful and will handle the case free of charge. they actually called me back immediately when I called them.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke with them directly and they were VERY helpful and will handle the case free of charge. they actually called me back immediately when I called them.

I agree with you, I decided to call them shortly after posting the message to you. my call to them was premature for the actual case, but I wanted to find out what all of my options would end up being, and what kind of time & effort it would entail. and basically just find out how the whole process works, since I have a feeling that I will have to be going through it in some shape or form. I spoke with Jason and he was great, basically went over the 4 options, that might work for me

1) trade the truck and don't deal with it at all (play dumb about any issues with new dealer)

2) GM buys the truck from me (truck gets branded a lemon & based on the deal I got, I get screwed - not happening)

3) GM exchanges it with a new one (truck gets branded a lemon & dealers moves all accessories to new truck)

4) Settle with GM out of court, I get cash compensation (loss of full functionality, depreciated value due to issues, etc), and keep the truck (truck does NOT get branded a lemon)

based on those, I think that option 1 & 4 are the most attractive, at least in my situation. I'm just trying to figure out what to do, option 3 is ok, but it seems like all of the new trucks have the vibration issues, or at least the AFM vibration at a minimum, so I'm not too enticed by this one.

I'm glad it's all over now and I actually do like the Ram more than the Silverado. The uconnect system is really nice compared to the lame My Link. The NAV works great with voice control. It sits higher than the Silverado but not too high that it won't fit in my garage. I also think the interior looks better and the seats are more comfortable.

Good luck with GM, I hope it goes well for you.

I would tend to agree with you on those assumptions, I drove both before going with the Silverado based upon the price, but I've always been leery of Dodge/ Ram because of their past history if nothing else. I definitely loved the truck though, how have you been doing with fuel economy in the 5.7? thats the only thing drawing me away from that engine, I get killed in that area driving in the city every day, thats why I have been going for the smaller engines 4.3 in my current Silverado and have been looking at the ecodiesel on the Rams. it is nice to hear that your happy with the new truck though, glad you get away from all of the shaking haha

Update,

After escalation, GM and dealership tech found the following anomaly. Dealership pulled in four Silverado’s from the lot and compared them to mine. During inspection they noticed the exhaust system was not the same as the other four trucks. For some reason and no one can explain to me why the exhaust was run from the flex pipe in a different direction than the rest. They thought the vibration maybe coming from the exhaust and explained they may have to replace the entire system from end to end. They did a test (not sure exactly what they did) with the exhaust and were still not able to identify the issue but are not ruling out the exhaust system just yet. Issue has been escalated again and a GM engineer from Michigan will be coming to the dealership next week. I believe this is the final approach of a resolution before we start looking at a buy back or swap of some sort. I’ll update the post once I hear from the dealership.

Couple questions for vibrating GM’s,

Has anyone tried to put their truck in neutral while on the highway at the vibrating speed? Does it continue to vibrate with the engine at idle while coasting?

Does everyone with this vibration issue have a secure lock nut on all four wheels?

Couple questions for vibrating GM’s,

Has anyone tried to put their truck in neutral while on the highway at the vibrating speed? Does it continue to vibrate with the engine at idle while coasting?

Does everyone with this vibration issue have a secure lock nut on all four wheels?

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/174374-2015-silverado-lt-vibrationshaking/?p=1655654

this person has

Well, something that could be tried for very little expense.. Counteract Balancing Beads. I have used them with great results in my commercial vehicles. I guess it is reasonable to say "great results", as my drive tires (originals from factory) have over 431,000 miles on them, wearing great, and will not get changed out till just before winter snow starts flying. The Counteract is a legit product used by a lot of commercial truck owners. Since the active balance, they react not only the tire and wheel balance, but the hub as well. At least it is worth taking a look at, and it won't be much of a loss of money if it doesn't work.

Yes, TPMS compatible.

Just checked tread depth on my drive tires this morning. between 9/32 and 10/32 across the tires. They came with 27/32 tread. 431,248 miles on the tires.

http://www.counteractbalancing.com

Video on the product

Well yet another 2015 2500HD vibration issue. My issue stars at about 68 mph and ends at about 75mph. Been to dealer twice since purchasing and no help at all. Both times they say tires were out of balance and drive it off the lot to only have the vibration start again. One of the worst things about it is that I am a Ford employee and yet I still bought what I thought was the best truck in America. Right now it's not looking like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

Received my truck back from the dealership last week Friday with half the problem resolved. Dealership put almost 300 miles of testing within 20+ days of them working on it. GM engineer found the exhaust manifold was causing the vibration issue. They replaced the parts and now I am vibration free as long as I am driving in 6 cylinders. The moment it goes into 4 cylinders the vibration is back at the specific speeds of complaints. Dealership says that GM knows this is an issue and is working on a resolution but he does not have a time frame for the fix. I asked if they can disable the feature and he said that it’s a possible solution but cannot disable it until GM makes it official. I will update the post when I get a resolution for the 4 cylinder issue or if the vibration comes back in 6 cylinder mode.

Update,

Received my truck back from the dealership last week Friday with half the problem resolved. Dealership put almost 300 miles of testing within 20+ days of them working on it. GM engineer found the exhaust manifold was causing the vibration issue. They replaced the parts and now I am vibration free as long as I am driving in 6 cylinders. The moment it goes into 4 cylinders the vibration is back at the specific speeds of complaints. Dealership says that GM knows this is an issue and is working on a resolution but he does not have a time frame for the fix. I asked if they can disable the feature and he said that it’s a possible solution but cannot disable it until GM makes it official. I will update the post when I get a resolution for the 4 cylinder issue or if the vibration comes back in 6 cylinder mode.

M5 mode disables the deactivation and will keep you in V6, your fuel economy will drop substantially, I tried it and lost 6 MPG, interesting about the exhaust manifold... too bad GM said they wouldn't do anything for me after my last dealer visit

• 3 weeks later...

Just my two cents from experience (I was an ASE certified tech for 10 years until I changed jobs) I would honestly go to a smaller garage with a different tire balancer first. A lot of the dealerships use the "road force" balancer which i have had TERRIBLE luck with. the old school spin and balance method appears to work the best for me and a lot of times when I do my own balancing after the dealership i find it is at least 3/4 to an ounce off. I would also have the driveshaft balanced, and then check the axles to see if the counterweight moves. These are the 3 most common issues I've seen in truck vibrations while moving. Only other thing could be a vibration from lack of lubrication in the tranny or bell housing. Again just my two cents and if it helps someone out great. Otherwise I'd go B@$$% to my dealer and get a new truck like you did!

• 2 weeks later...

I started the ball rolling on a class action suit with a lawfirm in boston (where I live) if you all are still having issues that aren't resolved and would like to be added to the list of names I am sending the firm, PM me your name, email, phone number, truck, city & state.

Jesse

All a class action is going to do is make the lawyers representing the class rich. Individual class members will get crumbs from the table.

That is not necessarily true at all, It all has to do with the judge, the length of time the case takes, and what type of settlement is sought. Most contingency cases are done at a rate of 33% however on big cases, the judge generally reduces that percentage as the attorneys would be getting way too much. For example at that rate using easy numbers a 1 billion dollar settlement would yield 330 million to the law firm. The judge in all likelihood will reduce this, there is also the possibility that being a Breach of Warranty case, we could force GM to pay all legal fees without having to cut into our settlement at all. I don't know how it will all pan out yet, I'm still waiting for the attorneys to get back to me. once they do, I will be back here to find out everyones opinion, and from there decide whether or not we should proceed with the class action at all. That being said, I think any type of suit would end very favorable for us.

For those people who don't have the money/ ability to fight GM on a Breach of Warranty case, which is what this has been determined to be, there isn't really a better option. Many of us have had our repair attempts cut off so we can not reach the legal requirement to file a lemon law claim, and in some states, such as mine (Massachusetts) the BBB is a complete joke, so it would mean filing a complaint with the Attorney General, which may end up being an avenue that we can take to fight GM instead of using a law firm. However going that route, I would need a lot more names that I can submit to them in an attempt to get them to file the case on their own. In all honesty, i don't think that the outcome of that would be as favorable as through a law firm where they have to fight, & win in order to get paid.

To be clear, I am not 100% dead set in a major class action, it is merely one of the avenues that I am checking into and on that I feel could be them most promising. We DO have a strong case, that I have already been told, it is a matter of getting everything organized properly and submitted in a manner that will best benefit us all

Jesse D.

Archived