leveling kit do or don't?

hey guys, thinking about installing a levelling kit on my 2014 all terrain, right now i have stock 20' wheels and tires. i can't decide between a bds 2'' or a RC 2.5'' I've heard many mixed reviews and was hoping you guys would fill me on on some of the pros and cons and maybe post your photos.

thanks

post-139316-0-91508500-1435711402_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I have a Top Gun Customz 2" level and at first the ride was a bit stiffer but it was also a brand new truck. Now with 20k on it, I believe it rides and handles better than stock. So far not CV angle issues or tie rod issues

Rough Country also makes just a 2 inch as well. A shop I used to work for has installed countless Rough Country levels and had 0 issues. I run a RC 7 inch and have had 0 problems.

Edited by hemipowered22z

Rancho Quick Lift if your budget allows......

I now have the Rancho Quick Lift with RS9000XL adjustable shocks on both of my trucks and couldn't be happier.

I originally had the Rough Country 2" installed without issue. It seems to be the most popular and it doesn't cost much. It's also very to install compared to some other brands. It also doesn't require modification of any factory parts. You can either get the 2" bottom spacer or the 2.5" kit that also includes a small top spacer and rear blocks.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

2" RC level on mine. Picked it up for $20 on CraigsList and a $60 alignment at Pepboys has me at $80 total. I know this lift has been associated with ball joint issues but that's any lift and issues are mostly because people put bigger wider tires on with heavier wider wheels with a negative offset. Stay as close to stock as possible but 0 offset is ideal for less stress on suspension components. My tire size of choice to balance looks, fuel mileage and wear and tear will be around a 33-34" 10.50 tire (Currently eyeballing the Mickey ATZ)

Pro's-

Factory Ride

Truck looks the way it should have looked from the factory.

Room for bigger tires

Cons-

I need to buy bigger tires

Edited by TDT
  • Like 1

2" RC level on mine. Picked it up for $20 on CraigsList and a $60 alignment at Pepboys has me at $80 total. I know this lift has been associated with ball joint issues but that's any lift and issues are mostly because people put bigger wider tires on with heavier wider wheels with a negative offset. Stay as close to stock as possible but 0 offset is ideal for less stress on suspension components. My tire size of choice to balance looks, fuel mileage and wear and tear will be around a 33-34" 10.50 tire (Currently eyeballing the Mickey ATZ)

Pro's-

Factory Ride

Truck looks the way it should have looked from the factory.

Room for bigger tires

Cons-

I need to buy bigger tires

It's because the angle of the ball joints/ tie rods that causes premature wear. Higher offset (lower numerically) can contribute to it do to the added leverage on the hub and such, but with only a level kit you can't fit anything much higher offset than a 0. Factory offset is +28 or so

It's because the angle of the ball joints/ tie rods that causes premature wear. Higher offset (lower numerically) can contribute to it do to the added leverage on the hub and such, but with only a level kit you can't fit anything much higher offset than a 0. Factory offset is +28 or so

I agree, the added angle doesnt help, but the amount in this 2" lift alone isn't going to decrease your suspension component life as much as many people lead you to believe. I ran a level with 285's on all my d-max 3500's and never changed a ball joint, tie rod components was another story, but the occasional 4wd launches with nasty tunes probably didn't help either.

i didn't realize these wheels had over an inch of +offset.

Bottom line... DO IT! Dealer isn't going to buy you ball joints if I'm wrong unless you can talk them into installing it for you.

Edited by TDT

a8a8cf7f2ca794a39126c0643fa7f787.jpg

Top is leveled with RC 2.5"with toyo MTs, bottom is stock.

If you take care of your vehicle, you will be fine. Who cares if you need to replace ball joints in 100k miles, that's part if maintenance

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 6