New GMC owner

So I've been looking for a new truck for a little while now. After looking through used car lots and not finding exactly what I wanted I decided to price out a new one. I was surprised to find out that I wouldn't be paying much extra for a new one and would get pretty much all the features I wanted, nothing more/nothing less.

I just picked up a GMC Sierra 1500 SLE double cab today and couldn't be happier, thanks for all the info guys.

Pictures to come when the weather cooperates lol

Thanks everyone, my last truck was a 2007 Ford ranger, it was a great truck and was very reliable, but man this feels like a luxury car compared to it lol. The ride is smooth and quiet, the power will make pulling my relatively light enclosed trailer much more enjoyable and the ridiculous amount of technology in the cab will make long trips more enjoyable also.

My only complaint is the throttle response so far (or lack there of) but that can be fixed once warranty's over, if I can wait that long ?.

Despite what you read here, I think most of us are pleased with our trucks and you will be too (once you've spent an afternoon figuring out exactly how the MyLink etc. works). Just ignore the "My truck vibrates" crowd when they start posting in your thread here to try to spread their tales of woe to the widest possible audience.

I was well aware of the possible vibration issues when I bought the truck, I test drove three different trucks (two were double cab and the other was a crew cab short bed) none of them had the vibration. Now this probably doesn't mean mine won't develop the vibration over time, but the way I see it is all the trucks from the big three and even Toyota have issues, so I picked the one I liked the best and rolled the dice.

I hear you about the mylink though, sat down and messed with it last night, think I'm starting to get the hang of it ?

Grats on the truck!

Despite what you read here, I think most of us are pleased with our trucks and you will be too (once you've spent an afternoon figuring out exactly how the MyLink etc. works). Just ignore the "My truck vibrates" crowd when they start posting in your thread here to try to spread their tales of woe to the widest possible audience.

Exactly. However I do feel for those unfortunate enough to have one of the vibration, transmission clunking, etc issues. Sitting at 4700 km and have had the truck 2 months now, I can't stop driving it, it's really enjoyable. No issues to speak of yet and I have done mixed driving mostly. Seems like most people that developed any issues done so within the first 2000-5000 MILES (3

I am seeing more of these trucks on the road in Alberta, even starting to outnumber the GMT 900 bodystyles (and there were lots of those) and are about on par with the number of Fords around here.

Congrats! Your truck appears to be Iridium, like mine. Very cool color, in my opinion. I just broke 1100 miles on mine. So far, so good. I'm loving the 22+mpg average I'm getting with mine! Hard to believe that a full size, crew cab, 4x4 with a V8 can get this kind of mileage!

20150703_152223_zpsjehs3jdc.jpg

I'm loving the 22+mpg average I'm getting with mine! Hard to believe that a full size, crew cab, 4x4 with a V8 can get this kind of mileage!

Indeed. I had a 4-cyl Grand Am in the 80s that made about that.

Archived