Can Anyone Help? Broken SIR Coil?

So I removed the steering wheel and air bag to try and lube some things becuase I have the horrible squeak or groan that sounds like its coming from behind the steering wheel. I had the clock spring loose and sprayed lube into the bearing behind the spring and put it all back together. This is the second time I have done this but tonight I got a service air bag notification on the DIC after I put it all back together. I didnt think I damaged the SIR coil, I didnt over turn it. My steering wheel controls and horn works. I think I turned the key on with the airbag unhooked though, would this cause it to happen? Not sure what to do now?

I was kind of thinking that would be what caused it. I don't think I damaged the spring its just where I turned the key on while the bag was undone. Whats dealer usually charge to clear that?

• 2 weeks later...

Will the steering wheel position sensor be damaged by turning the steering wheel while the shaft is undone like the clock spring? I ended up getting a new clock spring and once I installed it the airbag lights went away but I still have the service stabilitrak and service traction control lights now. Wondering if that sensor could also be damaged or if I need to let he dealer program it so it can relearn center or something? Im clueless here.

Archived