Elite Catch Can Install w/ AirRaid MIT

07D7F07A-4BDC-4E74-B31E-278F2DBBF77E_zps

The Good,

Quality first rate.

Easy install.

Mounting location is easy to check canister

The Bad

Came missing the 1/2-3/8 adapter.

Hose Clamps ( Personal Preference I like the nut driver / screw driver tightening style )

Im old school, would have liked to have had printed instructions instead of having to look them up online.

Didn't know where to put the inline check valve... had to find that on the website under the product itself. There was no info in the online instructions for the check valve.

(goes on the exit line)

For the MIT specifically I am going to have to locate a 1/2NPT cap to screw into the bottom portal. The cap they give barely fit, (though it is for the stock airbox) i am worried it will crack and cause a vac leak... ( happened on my drag car more than once plugging up the inlets on the throttle body )

Any how, i definately recommend using the washer fluid location... Take the other grey bolt near the tray out instead of a black one (2nd battery tray area ) ( keeps the fungshwey )

The Good,

Quality first rate.

Easy install.

The Bad

Hose Clamps ( Personal Preference I like the nut driver / screw driver tightening style )

Im old school, would have liked to have had printed instructions instead of having to look them up online.

Didn't know where to put the inline check valve... had to find that on the website under the product itself. There was no info in the online instructions for the check valve.

(goes on the exit line)

For the MIT specifically I am going to have to locate a 1/2NPT cap to screw into the bottom portal. The cap they give barely fit, (though it is for the stock airbox) i am worried it will crack and cause a vac leak... ( happened on my drag car more than once plugging up the inlets on the throttle body )

Any how, i definately recommend using the washer fluid location... Take the other grey bolt near the tray out instead of a black one (2nd battery tray area ) ( keeps the fungshwey )

Looks great.

Mine came in yesterday and didn't come with a check valve? Does yours make a hissing sound?

Looks great.

Mine came in yesterday and didn't come with a check valve? Does yours make a hissing sound?

While not the OP, mine hissed loudly until I replaced the Goodyear fuel hose with much more rigid quality transmission cooler hose. There is still a minor hiss that is related to suction through them, however, the more the soft fuel hose collapsed, the more hissing it made.

• 1 month later...

The instructions online sure don't help much for the 5.3.

I assume the line that you connect to the side of the catch can is the one that is located on the drivers side valve cover. And then the line that you connect to the top of the catch can is the one that goes under the TB?

The Good,

Quality first rate.

Easy install.

The Bad

(goes on the exit line)

I have the exact same set up and was also missing the 1/2 - 3/8 adapter and the snap clamps. Talked to Steve at Elite and says he'll take care of it this coming up week.

Were you able to find a 1/2 NPT to cap the bottom portal of the M.I.T.?

Pardon my ignorance, but is the installation of the catch can different because of the Airaid Jr? I have had the Airaid Jr in my truck since ~100 miles and I just ordered the Elite catch can 2 days ago. Should I have told them I have the Airaid on?

Thanks

Josh

Should be the same, unless you added other options. I had the MIT on first and then the catch can was added.

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

Should be the same, unless you added other options. I had the MIT on first and then the catch can was added.

What do you mean by adding other options?

Thanks

Josh

What do you mean by adding other options?

Thanks

Josh

Don't they offer like a clean air kit or breather or some other options like that.

Don't they offer like a clean air kit or breather or some other options like that.

Yes, you're absolutely right. I didn't add any of those. The only upgrade I did is the stainless steel lines. I was just concerned about doing it since I already have the Airaid Jr in here. Hopefully it installs just fine :)

Thanks

Josh

If all you're doing is adding the Catch Can, you'll be fine. It's when we also added the Clean Air Oil Separator that we ran into a hiccup because of the different hose diameters between the M.I.T. and the Separator. In my case, Steve from Elite took care of the problem and sent out the required piece to make it work; a 1/2 to 3/8 barb adapter.

Archived