After market Front bumpers

I purchased my first new Silverado last fall. Yay!!!! I asked if anyone had installed new front bumpers to the updated 2500 HD. Has anyone done this yet and do you have pictures. I would like to see what people are doing to customize.

When you are done playing around, take a look at the bumper for 2500 on up pickups from the folks who are the undisputed master at building moose deflecting front protection for semi trucks. You can easily take a deer in the front end and throw it off in the ditch with these bumpers. Even glancing impacts. These things are stout.

http://www.herd.com/products/commercial_trucks/?pID=LT

Make sure and check out the slide show button and gallery.

http://www.herd.com/gallery/?t=photos&z_photoMakeID=%3D&x_photoMakeID=11&Submit=Search&z_photoModelID=%3D&x_photoModelID=8&s_x_photoModelID=&lft_x_photoModelID=1&z_photoProducttypeID=%3D&x_photoProducttypeID=16&s_x_photoProducttypeID=&lft_x_photoProducttypeID=

Herd uses 3" tube and has steel plate behind the bumper to protect from bumper buckling on a glancing strike at a critter. Ali Arc uses 1.5" or 2.5" tube and no steel plate behind bumper. Ali Arc is a popular bumper, and does a good job. Herd is heavier, but that is expected as it is designed for a truck to take a deer or even a cow strike at regular road speed and protect the front. Even a corner strike. Guess it all depends on what one wants or needs. Isn't it wonderful we have a lot of choices!

That part is neat. Got to give 'em that one for that. Gives the impression that it is going to "scoop" up a critter and toss it to the side! Makes me wonder why Herd doesn't have a similar rake as part of theirs. They do as an option for the semi trucks.

Good topic I am fixing to purchase a trailready winch bumper for my 2500hd sierra. The 2015 will be going in production in a couple weeks i was told. I will post some pictures when I get it installed. I passed on the Roadarmour because i wanted round lights and there 2015 they told me were all square light cutouts. No big deal just personal preference. Good looking truck you have there to

Local company makes these, many other smaller companies make similar designs. IMO there's no point in a replacement bumper alone, the grille/rad/lights are what is going to really be expensive to fix so they should be covered... Could be the difference between driving home or having an antler lodged in the radiator.

B0uOzTeIQAAwv-Q.jpg

I like the steel bumpers, it's nice to know I can weld or cut on the bumper without any issues if need be.

Local company makes these, many other smaller companies make similar designs. IMO there's no point in a replacement bumper alone, the grille/rad/lights are what is going to really be expensive to fix so they should be covered... Could be the difference between driving home or having an antler lodged in the radiator.

B0uOzTeIQAAwv-Q.jpg

I like the steel bumpers, it's nice to know I can weld or cut on the bumper without any issues if need be.

What company is that? Looks good

What company is that? Looks good

It is a ThunderStruck, same brand as mine. The company is located in Salina, KS, but I've seen them all over the place. The build quality is pretty good, the the quality of powdercoat on mine is amazing. It's held up really well.

That one makes me think I should have gone with smooth metal rather than diamond pattern. :jester:

It is a ThunderStruck, same brand as mine. The company is located in Salina, KS, but I've seen them all over the place. The build quality is pretty good, the the quality of powdercoat on mine is amazing. It's held up really well.

That one makes me think I should have gone with smooth metal rather than diamond pattern. :jester:

Yea, it looks really good. Thanks for the info. I will look them up.

Archived