Anyone with window vent visors?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had a set of window vent visors for about 3 months now. Never have put them on. Still in the box. Just haven't felt the need to do so. Not sure now why I was motivated to buy them in the first place. We have gotten a lot of rain this year, but just never had any real issue with water and the windows. Probably quitting smoking about 2.5 years ago plays into it. I only put the windows down now when it isn't raining and visors aren't going to stop a thing when I actually have to open the door. But we'll see now if I finally get around to putting the visors on.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought a set of Weathertech in-channels for my '15 CC. Probably pilot error but both rears broke (1-2" piece fell off) at the clip location when I tried to insert them. Received replacements but then thought about it. After all the work GM/Chevy put into 3x soundproofing and glass upgrades, is this an improvement? Put them back in the box and on the shelf. Might try them in the future.

• 1 year later...

I had the black AVS visors on my blue 2011 regular cab. The black blended in w/ the truck. I had no issues w/ any wind noise or adherence to the door.

I'm unsure about getting them for my new truck. W/ the blue being lighter, I don't think the black would go well. Nor am I a fan of that much chrome. I guess I could get them painted. Has anyone ever had the visors painted in the past? If you did how has the paint stood up?

I had the black AVS visors on my blue 2011 regular cab. The black blended in w/ the truck. I had no issues w/ any wind noise or adherence to the door.

I'm unsure about getting them for my new truck. W/ the blue being lighter, I don't think the black would go well. Nor am I a fan of that much chrome. I guess I could get them painted. Has anyone ever had the visors painted in the past? If you did how has the paint stood up?

painted one's on my 2012 truck , 150 miles later still looking good at trade in. dealership did the paint job.

Still haven't put on the vent visors I got 16 months ago! Not even sure where I put them. Got them but just haven't felt any need to have them on the pickup. Impulse buy, I guess.

Still haven't put on the vent visors I got 16 months ago! Not even sure where I put them. Got them but just haven't felt any need to have them on the pickup. Impulse buy, I guess.

I had them on my '11 for the 1st time. It's nice to have them window cracked when the weather is inclement. W/o them the rain enters the cab.

• 1 month later...

Revrnd,

Weathertech has light or dark smoke in-channel window visors.

Leaning towards the Weathertech brand at this time, just to decide on the light or dark smoke color.

I'll have to look into those. Any idea which tint would be closer to the factory window tint? Looking @ them online, these visors don't look as obtrusive as the stick on visors.

I'll have to look into those. Any idea which tint would be closer to the factory window tint? Looking @ them online, these visors don't look as obtrusive as the stick on visors.

Maybe someone who has them can let us know for sure, but from pictures of them it appears the light smoke would be close to the front door windows, and dark would be close to the rear side deep tint windows?

I plan to hold off until warmer weather before purchasing as I won't be able to install them until then.

Did find out from Weathertech that if one purchases the visors from an un-authorized reseller, and you receive any scuffed or damaged vent visors, you need to work with that seller. (Had seen some reviews on Amazon where people had received window visors with scuffs & scratches so I contacted WT to see what the had to say. You'd think they would ship them with better protection?)

Maybe someone who has them can let us know for sure, but from pictures of them it appears the light smoke would be close to the front door windows, and dark would be close to the rear side deep tint windows?

I plan to hold off until warmer weather before purchasing as I won't be able to install them until then.

Thanks for the comments. W/ mine being a regular cab, I guess I'd be leaning towards the light smoke.

Archived