Anyone with window vent visors?

I'll have to look into those. Any idea which tint would be closer to the factory window tint? Looking @ them online, these visors don't look as obtrusive as the stick on visors.

I had the AVS Seamless visors on my 07 Sierra... And had them on for over 7 years, no issues. They are a low profile stick on. Anyone who says they didn't stick just simply didn't follow the instructions by either not cleaning the area before installing or misplaced the visor and readjusted them before fully pressing down on them. They are a low profile so the opening between the window and visors isn't huge but works to let the heat out in the summer. I liked them enough to install them on my 2016 silverado.

01780b2c27e44496172ded082f0a389d.jpg

ae6701259776bc67eea7f50c7cab555a.jpg

2016 Silverado 2500HD Midnight Edition Duramax CC 4X4

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the black AVS visors on my blue 2011 regular cab. The black blended in w/ the truck. I had no issues w/ any wind noise or adherence to the door.

I'm unsure about getting them for my new truck. W/ the blue being lighter, I don't think the black would go well. Nor am I a fan of that much chrome. I guess I could get them painted. Has anyone ever had the visors painted in the past? If you did how has the paint stood up?

Hit post reply too soon on accident. This is for revrnd. If you want to paint them and not worry about the paint lasting buy clear ones and have them painted on the backside/inside. The paint will be protected and the clear plastic will act as a clear coat for the paint. I did this on a bug deflector years ago and it work great. Just an idea at least.

Hit post reply too soon on accident. This is for revrnd. If you want to paint them and not worry about the paint lasting buy clear ones and have them painted on the backside/inside. The paint will be protected and the clear plastic will act as a clear coat for the paint. I did this on a bug deflector years ago and it work great. Just an idea at least.

We did that w/ snowmobile windshields years ago. Yes sometimes the "clear" side gets marked, but @ least the paint didn't get scraped off.

Since the visors on my '11 were tinted, I could probably deal w/ the smoked ones. I'm not sure if I'd want them painted. I'm not a big fan of the monochrome look either, nor an abundance of chrome.

Over the years I've seen a few trucks w/ WAYYYY too much chrome added to them. You'd almost think the owner had an unlimited gift certificate @ the local accessories shop. A fellow that lives near my brother's had a GMT800 w/ too much chrome. A couple of years ago he got a GMT900 & starting all over (barf).

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/194947-what-ive-replaced-over-the-years/

My '82 (top pic) had the factory chrome body side & wheel opening mouldings & it looked OK. Would I want it on the newer trucks? No. I recall when we started building the GMT400s & thinking the B/S mouldings looking horrible. IMO it looked like someone had 50 feet of moulding & cut chunks to apply to the side. GM didn't even attempt to have it wrap around ono the tailgate.

I had the AVS Seamless visors on my 07 Sierra... And had them on for over 7 years, no issues. They are a low profile stick on. Anyone who says they didn't stick just simply didn't follow the instructions by either not cleaning the area before installing or misplaced the visor and readjusted them before fully pressing down on them. They are a low profile so the opening between the window and visors isn't huge but works to let the heat out in the summer. I liked them enough to install them on my 2016 silverado.

01780b2c27e44496172ded082f0a389d.jpg

ae6701259776bc67eea7f50c7cab555a.jpg

2016 Silverado 2500HD Midnight Edition Duramax CC 4X4

I like those...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I just put a set on that I got from the Chevy dealership, no extra wind noise. I saw earlier someone said to go with in-channel and I second it, have owned both styles. In-channel look better and have no noticeable wind noise.040aa0eeec2b0d40b95d18a355b6c279.jpg

Are they a GM PN or the EGR part that was mentioned before? I have my employee discount, so that may be a cheaper way to go than aftermarket shop.

BTW, looking @ your pic & the visors look "invisible", which is what I'm looking for. Are the in channel visors difficult to install?

Are they a GM PN or the EGR part that was mentioned before? I have my employee discount, so that may be a cheaper way to go than aftermarket shop.

BTW, looking @ your pic & the visors look "invisible", which is what I'm looking for. Are the in channel visors difficult to install?

They are in channel and got them at the Chevy parts counter from the dealership, I will look on the box and get the number for you when I get home from work tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The part number is 571771GM, IC4-Chev Silverado/GMC Sierra crew can 14-on. On another sticker it has GM# 19328980.

b3c49197d0e78d5ec253a0551d22afb3.jpg5689440636345ae7721c33e9e4d18115.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 digit number is the GM PN. Looks like the kits are only for the double or crew cabs. Will have to look into it further the next time I'm @ the dealer. Don't really need them in Ontario during winter.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a set of Weathertech in-channels for my '15 CC. Probably pilot error but both rears broke (1-2" piece fell off) at the clip location when I tried to insert them. Received replacements but then thought about it. After all the work GM/Chevy put into 3x soundproofing and glass upgrades, is this an improvement? Put them back in the box and on the shelf. Might try them in the future.

HD same problem with mine cracking. I don't like how the sand and dirt scratches the glass when rolling windows up and down

I dread when that happens too. The driver's side window on my Monte Carlo has a nice vertical scratch from a piece of sand stuck in the moulding.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the EGR ones from amazon. I love them. They are strong, and are full "wind deflectors, not just rain guards. They really keep the wind down while driving with window open. Nice clean look, good dark smoke, and no lip like the AVS ones.

Archived