Who else is waiting for a 2016 or 2017?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone tell me when do they start selling the 2016s? I hope to get a decent deal on a traded in 2014. Or maybe a leftover 2015.

I have not seen the actual production dates via GM. But generally the 2016's should start showing up at dealerships 2nd week of September.

Cannot imagine there would be anything to delay that for a cosmetic update. With slight exception to maybe slow production of the 8 speed transmission?

• 3 weeks later...

The Onstar app can remote start the vehicle from a smartphone. You can also get tire pressure, oil life, fuel mpg, lock, unlock doors, load turn by turn to the vehicle, etc.

Is the onstar app available on the 2015 or just the 2016?

I like the idea of being able to ensure my truck is locked when I am way from it.

I have not seen the actual production dates via GM. But generally the 2016's should start showing up at dealerships 2nd week of September.

Cannot imagine there would be anything to delay that for a cosmetic update. With slight exception to maybe slow production of the 8 speed transmission?

2016 production doesn't start until next month. Trucks won't start hitting lots until late October - early November.

I like the idea of being able to ensure my truck is locked when I am way from it.

It's available on '14, '15 and '16.

Yep, 2015 and newer (maybe 14 as well) you get the OnStar vehicle remote control feature for free for 5 years. I think it is iOS and Android, not sure for Windows phones.

I'm not excited about the new look of the 2016. I'm actually hoping that they'll have an option to keep the old front end. I'm wanting to get a 2016 because of the new upgrades in technology but I'm actually willing to settle for a 2015 because I think it looks so horrendous with the hip/futuristic lights. It's trying too hard to keep up with Dodge and Ford.

2016 production doesn't start until next month. Trucks won't start hitting lots until late October - early November.

It's available on '14, '15 and '16.

Heck, the Onstar app is available right back to 2009 if you get the equipment upgrade, haha.

What is up with the lack of info on the Silverado? Plenty on the Sierra...

My thoughts exactly. The Sierra got good feedback and has since gotten a dedicated webpage on the GMC website with videos, pictures and info.

The Silverado, however, was criticized and GM hasn't released a single picture, or piece of information...

My thoughts exactly. The Sierra got good feedback and has since gotten a dedicated webpage on the GMC website with videos, pictures and info.

The Silverado, however, was criticized and GM hasn't released a single picture, or piece of information...

Maybe they'll fix the ugly mug on it and do a re-release.

Archived