Who else is waiting for a 2016 or 2017?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts exactly. The Sierra got good feedback and has since gotten a dedicated webpage on the GMC website with videos, pictures and info.

The Silverado, however, was criticized and GM hasn't released a single picture, or piece of information...

The Sierra web page was out simultaneously with the video they produced. Had nothing to do with feedback.

The same for the Silverado. The photo of it was not brought out with a "what ya'all think" questionnaire.

Orders for the parts to make the changes were put in motion long before the photos were released.

I know for a fact they're not changing the design, but it is rather weird that Chevy has not come out with any official word about the Silverado, like GMC has done with the Sierra. I mean, they're bragging all over about the new Cruze and Bolt - both cars that won't be out anywhere near as soon as the 2016 Silverado.

I know for a fact they're not changing the design, but it is rather weird that Chevy has not come out with any official word about the Silverado, like GMC has done with the Sierra. I mean, they're bragging all over about the new Cruze and Bolt - both cars that won't be out anywhere near as soon as the 2016 Silverado.

Say what? The exterior changes are new parts orders, no carry over.

Quick glance at cars.com shows in excess of 100,000 NEW Silverados posted for sale. That is all variants, special editions & some I am sure are already sold. Just left over ads.

Silverado is the main stay of GM, so would think they have to be careful in terms of how they market them. Am sure there is a balance between having general customers knowing

about them vs too many buyers waiting for something new. We have to remember, most buyers are not on these forums for years on end.

They have some limited info (including a pic of the new design) here:

http://www.chevrolet.com/2016-silverado.html

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to buy the 2016/2017 Midnight edition for now. I will trade it as soon as they release a very promising update. Like shedding +700 Pounds (using Aluminum frame), Rear A/C vent, Keyless entry with Start/Stop button and A much smaller key design that looks like a credit card and fit my pocket as Lexus do with their vehicles.

Archived