Blackbear EFILive AutoCal Tuner

kshuart

This tuner is about 6-8 months old and was used to tune 1 truck. You can do up to 8 different vehicles, so this has 7 left on it. Each tune is $300.

This unit is $600 new with (1) $300 tune included (that I have used). I also have the $60 case that goes with it.

http://store.blackbearperformance.com/EFILive-AutoCal-Tuning-System_p_8.html

I traded in my truck and left the tune in it, so have no other use for this unit. You can read fault codes with it, have multiple tunes for different octane fuel, performance, etc.

$250

post-5016-0-80056500-1436191338_thumb.jpg

post-5016-0-27666100-1436191349_thumb.jpg

So, does it mean this tuner is locked? Or would it work on my truck a 2015 5.3 Silverado? Do you have to buy a new tune for it since you left it on the other truck?

So, does it mean this tuner is locked? Or would it work on my truck a 2015 5.3 Silverado? Do you have to buy a new tune for it since you left it on the other truck?

The tuner is not "locked". You can use the EFI Live to tune 8 different vehicles at the same time and I have used it on 1, so you can still use it on 7 more. Even after that, you could still use it to scan for codes, etc. without it being tied to a vehicle.

Yes, you would have to buy a $300 custom tune from Blackbear. The unit with a tune is $600 plus the $60 case, so $660 total. If you buy it for $225 and add the $300 tune, you are $135 ahead of the game.

Explain yourself?

RT

When I bought a bully dog tuner before it was a set price and didn't have to buy extra tunes and all that. It came loaded for 399, which I thought was reasonable. To this this tuner cost 600+ and more for a case to carry it is insane to me. The programming isn't what it used to be I think company's are charging higher and higher prices just because they can and some will pay for it but I won't.

When I bought a bully dog tuner before it was a set price and didn't have to buy extra tunes and all that. It came loaded for 399, which I thought was reasonable. To this this tuner cost 600+ and more for a case to carry it is insane to me. The programming isn't what it used to be I think company's are charging higher and higher prices just because they can and some will pay for it but I won't.

Blackbear tunes are custom to what you want. and I believe will adjust the tune for anything you add in the future, new exhaust, headers, intake, for free.

Yeah it came with a canned tune i'm sure and you could not tune multiple vehicles either and canned tunes suck. The Black Bear tuner will allow you to tune multiple vehicles with each slot, but using one slot say on a vehicle all you have to do is data log and send it to Justin at Black Bear and he will adjust the tune for free. your just paying if you have multiple vehicles on this one tuner.

RT

Yeah it came with a canned tune i'm sure and you could not tune multiple vehicles either and canned tunes suck. The Black Bear tuner will allow you to tune multiple vehicles with each slot, but using one slot say on a vehicle all you have to do is data log and send it to Justin at Black Bear and he will adjust the tune for free. your just paying if you have multiple vehicles on this one tuner.

RT

Up above some one says once a slot is used its unrecoverable. Now you say can do more than one truck on the same slot? So it's really pushing me away from this since the information is so unreliable.

The AutoCal has 8 available licenses. Once a license is used for a vehicle, that license is locked, leaving the AutoCal available to be used on 7 more. As mentioned, the AutoCal is a whole different animal than other handhelds, as it allows for remote custom tuning.

Sent from my fone.

Archived