Proper Paint Repair Time

Just got a call about fixing some areas on my truck where trash got under the basecoat before the clear was applied. Since my dealership no longer has a body shop they have a local do the reapairs. I was told 3 to 4 days to do the repair. Does this sound right to take it down to bare metal to get the imperfections out and respray the areas and do a proper clearcoat? I'm not a body and paint guy so I'm hoping somebody with some experience can chime in on this. It pisses me off that it's a brand new truck and I'm having issues like this. The GMC emblem on the tailgate is crooked. The exhaust is rattling. And the remote start is working. All on a brand new 56k truck. This has me worried.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

just curious where are the spots on your truck. I just bought my 15 2 weeks ago and found 6 little spots on driver side. One on the driver door couple on driver side rear door and then on the driver bed side. Im not happy at all about it but not willing to let it get repainted I fear it will only look worse.

One spot on pass. door. 3 on the tailgate. 2 really bad areas not spots in the bed. 1 on the pass. side of the bed. Haven't had a chance to eagle eye the rest of the truck while it's clean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Archived