BF KO2 or Nitto TG G2

Ok I'm trying to decide which tire to purchase for my new Sierra. I'm going with a 275/60-20 on my stock rims. In the past I have run Cooper Zeon LTZ's which I liked but never got as many miles out of them as I thought I should so trying something different. I'm leaning towards the KO2's but am worried about the mileage hit. The KO2's are a D rated 8 play, not sure on the Nitto. I would love to hear from anyone who has these about how your mileage was affected.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not apples to apples but I went to 275/70/18 load range E on my 2010 and lost exactly 1 mpg. My next set this fall will be KO2's

I was debating getting the BFG K02s as well along w/ putting bilstein 5100 shocks on to give the truck a few inches of lift without messing up ball joints etc w/ a cheap lift kit. After some research, despite the BFG being a great tire, there's NO WAY I'll add 16-17 lbs of Unsprung weight to a heavy 1/2 ton truck w/ a 5.3 - the BFGs weigh 55 lbs in 275/60/20 and require 65 psi- you WILL notice the drop in mpg, power, and a rougher ride, they'll look great and perform well off-road, but these belong more on a more powerful/modded 1/2 ton or an HD

Now I'm leaning toward the Michelin LTX A/T 2s (46 lbs) or the Nitto TG G2s (43 lbs) I think the stock 275/55/20 (guessing can't remember off hand) wrangler sr-a weigh like 38-39 lbs. I like that the nittos look more aggressive and weigh 3 lbs less, but I've always been a fan of Michelin and I have a feeling they'll ride smoother and last longer and balance truer.

Mileage isn't a huge concern for me tho as I swap out to michelins snows in the winter.

I think you should turn your search toward the michelins as well due to the weight factor, but I think toyo open country's are good and Mickey Thompson bajas

Can anyone comment on road noise w/ either of these tires???

the BFGs weigh 55 lbs in 275/60/20 and require 65 psi-

65 PSI? Thats the max PSI right? I run 48 in my 275/70/18's Load Range E

I went from a 265 65 18 factory Duratrac to a 275 70 18 BFG KO2 and might have lost 1 mpg. They are probably quieter than the stock Duratrac and ride much smoother. I have had mud grapplers, pro come x terrains and all terrains and can say the KO2 is the best tire I have ever owned.

I went from a 265 65 18 factory Duratrac to a 275 70 18 BFG KO2 and might have lost 1 mpg. They are probably quieter than the stock Duratrac and ride much smoother. I have had mud grapplers, pro come x terrains and all terrains and can say the KO2 is the best tire I have ever owned.

That is good to hear and lines up with what others have said. I really can't find where anybody that has changed to the ko2 has had anything bad to say about it.

I was debating getting the BFG K02s as well along w/ putting bilstein 5100 shocks on to give the truck a few inches of lift without messing up ball joints etc w/ a cheap lift kit. After some research, despite the BFG being a great tire, there's NO WAY I'll add 16-17 lbs of Unsprung weight to a heavy 1/2 ton truck w/ a 5.3 - the BFGs weigh 55 lbs in 275/60/20 and require 65 psi- you WILL notice the drop in mpg, power, and a rougher ride, they'll look great and perform well off-road, but these belong more on a more powerful/modded 1/2 ton or an HD

Now I'm leaning toward the Michelin LTX A/T 2s (46 lbs) or the Nitto TG G2s (43 lbs) I think the stock 275/55/20 (guessing can't remember off hand) wrangler sr-a weigh like 38-39 lbs. I like that the nittos look more aggressive and weigh 3 lbs less, but I've always been a fan of Michelin and I have a feeling they'll ride smoother and last longer and balance truer.

Mileage isn't a huge concern for me tho as I swap out to michelins snows in the winter.

I think you should turn your search toward the michelins as well due to the weight factor, but I think toyo open country's are good and Mickey Thompson bajas

Can anyone comment on road noise w/ either of these tires???

This

Im in the exact same boat as you. Really wanted to go down to 18"s, unfortunately all the 285/65/18's are 10 Ply tires which are allot heavier than I would like. I'm now leaning more towards keeping a 20" wheel on there and going with the some 275/60/20 Michelin LTC AT2. They look great, last forever, have great winter and off-road reviews, and weigh compatibly to the stock Goodyear LS2's.

So this may not be apples to apples, but I installed Toyo Open Country MT's 275/65/20 on my truck. These tires are 10 ply, weigh 72lbs, 80 psi max.

Ive lost maybe 1.5 mpg in stop and go traffic. Lost almost nothing in highway mileage. The ride is no different, NONE, no different than stock, and this is with an MT. Noise difference.... If stock noise is 1, my MTs are maybe a 2, maybe.... A little hmmmmm going down the road, not noticeable with Windows up.

My average mpgs before Mts: 16.3 mpg (over 4000 miles)

My average mpgs after MTs: 15.2 mpg (over 1000 miles)

These are done on trip odometer a & b, so it's an average of stop and go traffic and highway travels. I still average over 20mpg on highway cruising speeds.

Stop worrying about fuel economy, get the tires you want the most. BFG's will have a more aggressive look, which these trucks deserve!

So this may not be apples to apples, but I installed Toyo Open Country MT's 275/65/20 on my truck. These tires are 10 ply, weigh 72lbs, 80 psi max.

I want to run this size in a BFG AT KO2. What size leveling kit are running? Any rubbing? Any trim/zip ties necessary?

Do you have a picture? Or is that them in your avatar?

I want to run this size in a BFG AT KO2. What size leveling kit are running? Any rubbing? Any trim/zip ties necessary?

Do you have a picture? Or is that them in your avatar?

You can run that stock, I did and I have the same truck as you. I have a 2.0" rough country kit now, wish I would have went with the 275/65's actually

Archived