Picture of 2016 Silverado

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 16 looks much more refined than the 14-15 imo. Cleaner and classier. The 16 sierra hasn't grown on me yet. Also I'm pissed that they came out with this so soon. I bought my truck thinking I was ahead of the game for a while in terms of latest model, not I feel I have a one generation old truck. Thanks GM!

It's really annoying that they usually take 5-7 years to have a significant refresh, and when I buy one, it takes them 2.

But well, it's part of the game.

I'm in love with the new Sierra though. Damn.

I'm not a fan of the new Silvy headlights. I'll get myself one of those bumpers though.

Guys this truck business is the most competitive it's even been. Yes 2 years is too soon but I think gm is being pro active and doing it now with sales being hot and the new ford plants finally starting but still slowly to produce more f150s. Also the ugly new Titan will be out and a new tundra is right around the corner for 17. Come to think of the ram is due for a major change as they have had the same body now since 13 MY. So we have new competition and although those guys don't sell a lot , you can bet some of those sales would have been GM sales. It's all about the new , weather we 14/15 model year guys like it. Either way , trucks do hold their value pretty well ( see god awful Tacoma ) so there will always be a huge market for used trucks. Progress guys , if they don't do it people will steal their business away. Just hoping they worked out the vibration , seats moving , clunking and trans flair , issue etc.

Guys this truck business is the most competitive it's even been. Yes 2 years is too soon but I think gm is being pro active and doing it now with sales being hot and the new ford plants finally starting but still slowly to produce more f150s. Also the ugly new Titan will be out and a new tundra is right around the corner for 17. Come to think of the ram is due for a major change as they have had the same body now since 13 MY. So we have new competition and although those guys don't sell a lot , you can bet some of those sales would have been GM sales. It's all about the new , weather we 14/15 model year guys like it. Either way , trucks do hold their value pretty well ( see god awful Tacoma ) so there will always be a huge market for used trucks. Progress guys , if they don't do it people will steal their business away. Just hoping they worked out the vibration , seats moving , clunking and trans flair , issue etc.

The guy that was in charge of Ram(Fred Diaz) left for Nissan in 2012 or 2013? Have seen Ram redesign estimates stating 2017-2021 & the current model (minus the grill/bumper) has been going since 2009. Cannot believe it is still selling in the numbers it is. But would be nervous if I was a Ram fan given how that Rebel model looks. :noway:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/04/ram-truck-ceo-moves-to-nissan-usa-1.html

The guy that was in charge of Ram(Fred Diaz) left for Nissan in 2012 or 2013? Have seen Ram redesign estimates stating 2017-2021 & the current model (minus the grill/bumper) has been going since 2009. Cannot believe it is still selling in the numbers it is. But would be nervous if I was a Ram fan given how that Rebel model looks. :noway:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/04/ram-truck-ceo-moves-to-nissan-usa-1.html

I can see how ram is selling as well as it is. They've been giving people what they want and even though the style is getting a little tiring it's not dated looking. Ram 1500 pentastar has the best mpg, the hemi has nice throttle response, the 8 speed shifts smooth, the interior is solid and doesn't creak like our new GM's not to mention the ride quality of a Ram far surpasses GM and Ford. I personally would have bought a Ram if there was a new body style. Now that I know GM has gone and re-faced my truck I'm pretty peeved and am wondering if I should have bought a Ram.

You hit the nail on the head.

Trucks are big business and big money. The goal is to get ahead of Ford and stay ahead of Ram.

The new F150 is selling like hotcakes. The new front end on the Silverado and Sierra rekindles a lot of interest in these trucks for those who will be truck shopping in the next year.

If there's a guy out there who has always liked Chevy's, but thinks the F150 looks "bad-ass", he might just switch to the Ford on looks and technology.

I think GM is making a good move here.

(Still love my truck!) :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy to see them iterate so quickly. Seemed that they stagnated throughout the 2000's (not that they were bad trucks at all, very solid, just not many updates.) As much as I would like my truck to look like the newest available, I appreciate them coming out with new stuff. I think the new Chevy looks nice. I may have even chosen it over my Sierra had the Chevy looked like that when I was shopping. Curious to see the chrome front.

Finally I found out what bothers me on the new design.

Although I really like it I'm missing the elegant look of the '14-'15 Silverado.

They look like trucks but at the same time somewhat elegant if you know what I mean.

The new one is like Ninja.

:)

so long

j-ten-ner

Finally I found out what bothers me on the new design.

Although I really like it I'm missing the elegant look of the '14-'15 Silverado.

They look like trucks but at the same time somewhat elegant if you know what I mean.

The new one is like Ninja.

:)

so long

j-ten-ner

You're right. Someone on this forum called the current K2's the "FIST IN THE WIND" look. I love that description! And with the 2016 "face-lift", although it does appear more competitive with the F150, I think it's lost some of it's muscular good looks.

My son said (about the 2016's)... "Looks kinda girly doesn't it?" :lol:

The current model just looks so intimidating in the rearview mirror. :thumbs:

FIST in the WIND...

post-124796-0-63073200-1438308537.jpg

Would your son still think this looks girly?

The fist in the wind was from the project engineer down at the TX reveal location.

Haha.... I can't speak for what he would think. But the black wheels and aggressive tires definitely increase the man-factor! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I found this picture on "Silverado Nation" Facebook page... First I've seen on street, not a promo pic.

I think the new front end design is leaning a little toward the Chevy Colorado look. Perhaps a little less "Intimidating" and a little more "Ninja" (as j-ten-ner stated). :cool:

post-124796-0-82515700-1440537579_thumb.png

Good find! Not sure if I like it yet, but I'm very surprised we haven't seen more pics since they dropped the one promo pic.

Yeah, I'll have to see one in person before I pass judgement. (But I'm one of these guys who thinks he has the best looking truck in the world) :dunno::lol::lol::lol:

Archived