Picture of 2016 Silverado

I still think the '16 Silverado looks like crap. It looks like something out of a cartoon.

I like the new Sierra, but pissed they still haven't added push button start and smart key (even the cheap ass Ram has it). Maybe we can get it by 2030?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this picture on "Silverado Nation" Facebook page... First I've seen on street, not a promo pic.

I think the new front end design is leaning a little toward the Chevy Colorado look. Perhaps a little less "Intimidating" and a little more "Ninja" (as j-ten-ner stated). :cool:

:rollin:

The new Silvy front end reminds me of this smiley yeaok.png But when I see a 14/15 Silvy or Sierra driving down the road I immediately picture this grrbetchag3.png (and think damn that's a bad truck)

:rollin:

The new Silvy front end reminds me of this smiley yeaok.png But when I see a 14/15 Silvy or Sierra driving down the road I immediately picture this grrbetchag3.png (and think damn that's a bad truck)

Haha... my thoughts exactly! There's just something very intimidating about seeing THIS in your rearview! (Either one just screams "GET OUT OF THE WAY!") :thumbs:

2014-GMC-Sierra-Denali-Crew-Cab-1500-04.

Or THIS:

2015_Chevrolet_Silverado_1500_Work_Truck

c2cba2f04d8fa3fd07a154958ece554f.jpg Especially when it looks like this!!! GRRRRRR!! lololol. J/k. Love my damn truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Haha... my thoughts exactly! There's just something very intimidating about seeing THIS in your rearview!

2014-GMC-Sierra-Denali-Crew-Cab-1500-04.

Exactly! GM should've left the "classier/sleeker" appearance to the Cadillac's and brought back the Escalade EXT & the Avalanche if they wanted something different.

those led are rather silly. ..and I am a big fan of led swapping.

they could stay traditional socket and pile on SMD version...one bulb.

gmc for decades had a unique parking combo up front, many years was barely visible in the sun. Opaque is the word.

they called them courtesy lights for a reason. These led are like a stabbing machine gun...even in bright daytime.

Without prejudice..seems culturally asian.

my guess, it will evolve, my complaints seem to go with old people.

gmc for decades had a unique parking combo up front, many years was barely visible in the sun. Opaque is the word.

they called them courtesy lights for a reason. These led are like a stabbing machine gun...even in bright daytime.

I think the whole LED thing started with Audi years ago.

Then is spread eastward to the Japanese and Korean brands, and finally the high end American cars are getting them.

I'm betting in the next 10 years the exterior of our vehicles will look like Tokyo by night!

It ain't over yet my friend. :nonod::nonod::nonod:

LED's are here to stay and will be used more and more.

The power saved will go to other things in the vehicle that need it.

Without them we would probably be at higher voltage electrical systems in vehicles sometime soon..

I found this picture on "Silverado Nation" Facebook page... First I've seen on street, not a promo pic.

I think the new front end design is leaning a little toward the Chevy Colorado look. Perhaps a little less "Intimidating" and a little more "Ninja" (as j-ten-ner stated). :cool:

That is a good find. I was guessing the 2018or 19 Silverado would follow the Colorado as that is what they did back in the 90's with the S10 & 99 half ton.

Was in Detroit last week & saw a 2016 blue Camaro going across 94. Did not get a photo as it was going to the opposite direction, but they stand out for sure.

Think the 2016 trucks will too.

post-29472-0-89250400-1441044389_thumb.jpg

That is a good find. I was guessing the 2018or 19 Silverado would follow the Colorado as that is what they did back in the 90's with the S10 & 99 half ton.

Was in Detroit last week & saw a 2016 blue Camaro going across 94. Did not get a photo as it was going to the opposite direction, but they stand out for sure.

Think the 2016 trucks will too.

I like that front end on the '16 'Maro! Looks like a Stealth Fighter!

Just looks out of place with the rest of the truck and very "tacked on". It's almost as bad as the '03 Silverado treatment/refresh on the GMT-800's. I do really like the '16 GMC though.

I was thinking the exact same. I looks like they just clipped on a new front over top of the old one. It even appears has the allusion of sticking out further then the current clip - same as the 2003+

This comment may seem self serving, but I assure you all it's not. I do like the front end of my 15' Z71 better than the 16. I don't care for the grille, or headlight assemblies at all. It just seems out of place like others have said.

I do like what they did wiith the GMC for 16, that looks great! I guess part of what drew me back to GM with my truck is that the 15' I purchased reminded me so much of my 1989 K 1500 looks wise. Sure, not an identical twin, but you could tell an effort was made to keep that classic Chevy truck look which I have really liked over the years even when I had Ford's and Dodges. When I bought my 15' back in May, I felt it had the best exterior looks wise and nicest interior of all 3. Just my opinion though. I'm sure it will evolve though, they are always changing things these days, making things better, which is great for us consumers!

I like the '16 and I think the refresh is needed due to competition. I went with the '15 because it's just so classy. I also think the hood of the '16 Silverado

looks too busy with all the lines and creases. The '15 is bold and cleaner overall in my opinion.

Archived