Picture of 2016 Silverado

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I agree with liking what Ford does with gearing. With the 16's it appears you can get a 8 speed, 3.42 and no max tow. Due to the gearing of the 8 speed over the 6 speed, this is noticeably more aggressive gearing than the current 3.42 6 speed, first gear should be more aggressive than even 3.73's with the 6 speed.

FCA needs more gear in the Rams due to A - larger tires and B - heavier truck, hence why they have 3.92s.

How did you come up with that? 3.42 without max tow?

• 1 month later...

New guy here. Just took delivery on a 16 Silverado last week. While I like the look of the GMC better, I was able to lease this $30/mo cheaper then a comparable 15 Sierra. I've never had a nice car and was also swayed by the HIDs(something I've wanted for a LONG time!!) and CarPlay/AndroidAuto. It's only been a week and 250mi but so far I'm digging it, but then again everything I've owned up until now (besides the wife's car) has been sub $2k crap boxes sooooo.......

I noticed mention of the side angle being wierd and a buddy pointed out that it's the color matched grills that cause the flared area between the HL and turn signal to stand out and be awkward. Ever since he mentioned it I've come to the conclusion he is right! For some reason, with the chrome it's not as bad IMO.

Disclosure....I work for GM at the Milford Proving Grounds, but am by no means a fan boy. Hell, up until this truck, my fleet was a Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Toyota, and a Chrysubishi (Diamond Star car). The deal on this thing was so good I couldn't say no to treating myself!

It's interesting that all the spy shots in the links posted here are all shot on the roads around our facility and I recognize the backgrounds :)

post-152507-0-27950800-1451958933_thumb.jpg

post-152507-0-35237200-1451958945_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

New guy here. Just took delivery on a 16 Silverado last week. While I like the look of the GMC better, I was able to lease this $30/mo cheaper then a comparable 15 Sierra. I've never had a nice car and was also swayed by the HIDs(something I've wanted for a LONG time!!) and CarPlay/AndroidAuto. It's only been a week and 250mi but so far I'm digging it, but then again everything I've owned up until now (besides the wife's car) has been sub $2k crap boxes sooooo.......

I noticed mention of the side angle being wierd and a buddy pointed out that it's the color matched grills that cause the flared area between the HL and turn signal to stand out and be awkward. Ever since he mentioned it I've come to the conclusion he is right! For some reason, with the chrome it's not as bad IMO.

Disclosure....I work for GM at the Milford Proving Grounds, but am by no means a fan boy. Hell, up until this truck, my fleet was a Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Toyota, and a Chrysubishi (Diamond Star car). The deal on this thing was so good I couldn't say no to treating myself!

It's interesting that all the spy shots in the links posted here are all shot on the roads around our facility and I recognize the backgrounds :)

I really like it in silver. Enjoy the new truck!

• 2 months later...

This thread makes me laugh, because I was asking myself this question not so long ago.

Not sure why, but I've always been a huge fan of any vehicle with stacked headlights. International semi trucks? Check. 1965-68 Cadillacs? Check. Chevrolet trucks since the early 70s? CHECK.

When the new redesign came out, I decided I was going to have one, and have a brand new one as a graduation present to myself. When the 16s were unveiled last summer, I about lost it. The 14-15s are, in my own humble personal opinion, some of the best looking trucks Chevrolet has made. To see them go to the 16 squinty eye front clip was very disappointing, to say the least.

But, as many guys on here have said, they grow on you. Now that I HAVE a 15, I don't mind the 16s at all, and in some colors, they look really good. Still not as good as the 14-15s :drool:

Archived