2016 Sierra Re-Design WTF

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am super pissed at GM for this shit. a re-design in 2 ****ing years?

they just lost a customer!!!

im beyond pissed. makes out trucks lose value become the "old" model

PISSED off customer. GM, WTF is your problem!!

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

I hope nobody buys a denali so when I go to trade in my 15 (if they change more than the grill/headlights) I can get top dollar for my trade and 20k in rebates incentives :happysad:

Good luck lol.

Ford is gonna get a visit from me soon. GM really dropped the ball on this one. What a stupid decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How dare a company try to make more money.......

Exactly. If GM didn't constantly update, they wouldn't sell as many vehicles. 2 years is a good period of time between minor refreshes/updates like these. They know they will capture those who trade in every 2 years or as my father would say "people with more money than sense".

Expecting any manufacturer to not make cosmetic change and system changes every couple years is unrealistic.

You pick a wife and every year the new models come out...

i am super pissed at GM for this shit. a re-design in 2 ****ing years?

they just lost a customer!!!

im beyond pissed. makes out trucks lose value become the "old" model

PISSED off customer. GM, WTF is your problem!!

I actually feel sorry for this kid, not because his new truck is outdated (I actually find it hilarious his b*tching over this) but that his gene pool actually has this entitled thought process. What, manufacturers are just supposed to leave something unchanged for a long time so those entitled people can have their ego stroked for a few extra years? It is called evolving and keeping up with what the customers want and demand.

If you spent a little less time "booty hunting" you would have known there are spy shots of the trucks for months and when they were released back at the end of 2013, Mark Reuss even said they would constantly update and evolve these trucks on much shorter intervals.

You seem like an iphone person, how do you feel when your phone is replaced by an S model or the next number every 9 months or so?

GM didn't screw up, somewhere along the lines you or your parents did. To think GM is just supposed to wait for you to get years out of your new truck before an update is petty in so many ways. What about the guy who's 12 year old truck finally breaks in 2 years and wants to buy a new one, is he supposed to be forced to buy a 4 year old truck design and features? Maybe you should have done some research before buying? I hope somewhere along the lines your thought process gets fixed, enjoy your truck, in a few months the 2016's will be next to you at a stop light!

PS, I bet Ford does a pretty quick update as well, there has been some noise on not being the most attractive truck on Ford and other forums/blogs. Also in case you are then thinking a Ram instead will stay fresh, they are due for a redesign too fyi...

Tyler

I actually feel sorry for this kid, not because his new truck is outdated (I actually find it hilarious his b*tching over this) but that his gene pool actually has this entitled thought process. What, manufacturers are just supposed to leave something unchanged for a long time so those entitled people can have their ego stroked for a few extra years? It is called evolving and keeping up with what the customers want and demand.

If you spent a little less time "booty hunting" you would have known there are spy shots of the trucks for months and when they were released back at the end of 2013, Mark Reuss even said they would constantly update and evolve these trucks on much shorter intervals.

You seem like an iphone person, how do you feel when your phone is replaced by an S model or the next number every 9 months or so?

GM didn't screw up, somewhere along the lines you or your parents did. To think GM is just supposed to wait for you to get years out of your new truck before an update is petty in so many ways. What about the guy who's 12 year old truck finally breaks in 2 years and wants to buy a new one, is he supposed to be forced to buy a 4 year old truck design and features? Maybe you should have done some research before buying? I hope somewhere along the lines your thought process gets fixed, enjoy your truck, in a few months the 2016's will be next to you at a stop light!

PS, I bet Ford does a pretty quick update as well, there has been some noise on not being the most attractive truck on Ford and other forums/blogs. Also in case you are then thinking a Ram instead will stay fresh, they are due for a redesign too fyi...

Tyler

Tyler, i am following you on your critique of booty hunter's complaining. Except for one thing. Your iPhone owner comment was way off base. An iPhone owner knows that there is a yearly update cycle that will add features. They get excited about them and go out and by them by the 100's millions. They don't b***ch about what most reasonable people see as normal.

How dare a company try to make more money.......

Don't have a problem with them making money., or any company for that matter. It's what they do. I've just never known of any company facelift a vehicle after 1 and a half years

Tyler

Don't like Dodge Ram at all. It's a turd.

I know there's. New iPhone released every year, doesn't matter. And I'm actually an android guy lol. I decided to try the iPhone. It's decent.

I did my research, seemed like the best truck for my needs. I just feel betrayed by GM. Almost all of my cars have been GM. I've had 3 corvettes, and a CTS V, a couple of single cab Silverado trucks as well.

GM usually lasts around 3-4 years before a facelift or re design. Figured it be this way with these trucks. I was wrong. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it were just the lights. As the headlights suck major on these trucks anyway. Couldn't see anything at night. I even upgraded them to LED hid lights, and they still suck. But changing the bumper and grill just disappointed me. That's all. I'm entitled to my own opinion, and I could care less what you or any one else think. I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels this way.

Archived