I was clicking around on Chevrolet's website to see if there were any additional information on the 2016 Silverado. Figure I'd share what I found from here: http://www.chevrolet.com/2016-silverado.html

LED headlamps, daytime running lamps and LED Fog lights
Remote Locking Tailgate
Chevrolet My Link Infotainment 2.5 offering support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
Wireless Charging for Compatible smartphones
Lane Keep Assist
High Beam Assist
Articulating power running boards

The LED upgrade was pretty obvious from the released pictures. What I didn't know about was the remote locking tailgate (awesome and overdue), wireless charging (awesome but probably needs a case for phones that don't support it), and the power running boards (awesome, overdue but maybe a pricey option).

Lane Keep Assist sounds an awful lot like Lane Departure Warning so I wonder what's so 'new' about it.

If the High Beam Assist is like anything Mercedes has it should reduce or turn off high beams when it senses car headlights coming towards you.

The website closes with 'The new 2016 Silverado will be rolling into dealerships this fall' as expected.

*Update: Users have complained of a broken link; I believe I fixed it. I created two hyperlinks at the top of this post and they both seem to be working now.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lane keep assist might actually take the wheel for you, high beam assist is most likely what other manufacturers call automatic high beams. Also wireless charging isnt expensive to add to phones that don't have it. It's going to become more and more common and built into more phones.

I like the remote locking tailgate but beyond that the other stuff I can live without. The lane keep assist and high beam assist is great for people who don't pay attention behind the wheel, in which case they shouldn't be driving anyways. Too much tech on new vehicles today to help incapable drivers become capable. Just my opinion

It is nit picking, but really thought the remote locking tail gate would have been an automatic thing for the 2014's. Was surprised when it was not there.

Has there not been some version of high beam assist for 20 years on GM cars? Wanting to say the 90's Cadillacs had it.

The only thing I want is to be able to get apple's carplay in my 2014 silverado. It's been frustrating with the lag and random bluetooth drops I've experienced over the last year and I'm hopeful there will be an update for us 2014/15 owners.

The only thing I want is to be able to get apple's carplay in my 2014 silverado. It's been frustrating with the lag and random bluetooth drops I've experienced over the last year and I'm hopeful there will be an update for us 2014/15 owners.

The lag with car play will be worse, it takes a bit to connect and you will also need to plug in your device the last I saw. You're better off using an aux cord with your current setup.

I heard they may be getting rid of some old ring and pinion inventory, and will be offering vibrating seats at no additional cost. The 2016's may also come with a built in center console drink blending / stirring mechanism!

I heard they may be getting rid of some old ring and pinion inventory, and will be offering vibrating seats at no additional cost. The 2016's may also come with a built in center console drink blending / stirring mechanism!

Its known that some vehicles have this vibration issue. I've posted in other threads that its getting kind of tiring having this come up in every single thread there is. Why can't one just stay on topic without that issue, which is NOT present in ALL trucks.

I get that its an annoying issue for those who have it but we all know about it and we can stop beating it to death.

Understood, but lighten up...

Its known that some vehicles have this vibration issue. I've posted in other threads that its getting kind of tiring having this come up in every single thread there is. Why can't one just stay on topic without that issue, which is NOT present in ALL trucks.

I get that its an annoying issue for those who have it but we all know about it and we can stop beating it to death.

I agree power locking tailgates should have been standard in 2014, but the Pop&Lock is an easily installed upgrade that looks and operates like OEM. And it's only like $90 on Amazon.

Archived